1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taxiways Fs2002

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by axe, 27/6/07.

1. axe

axe

us-newyork
    hello,
    i was wondering if anybody knows how to add visual taxiways to airports and to move or take out buildings?(freeware or maybe payware)
    maybe like rwy12 or ez scenery that is available for fs2004!
    and, was there a ez scenery for fs2002??
    thank you<<AXE>>
  2. harbosma

harbosma

netherlands
    Hi Axe,

I think the most efficient way to add visual taxiways is using Afcad.
    Concerning the buildings, I've just found out myself how to place simple buildings with standard textures. You could have a look at FSSC. Or take a peek at http://www.scenery.org/design_utilities_b.htm

To remove buildings you can use Exclude Builder which you can download here
  3. axe

axe

us-newyork
    Hello,
    Thats all I really want to do, is to add some default taxiways to the existing airports. something i could just simply drop were i would like them.(for i am not to smart with c++ codes and java and that stuff).
    How do you do it with AFCAD (swordy's?). i Really didnot think that was possible with it!? if it is I am all ears!

And what exact file would i be looking for at Shoffs web site?Think I have the other one but, i can't make heads or tales of it. my version says that it cannot import the airport but there must be some way to do it in the sim. itself?? no?? Thank you for the reply<<AXE>>
  4. axe

axe

us-newyork
    OK,
    In flight simulator scenery creator, how do i get the default airport i want to add the taxiways to?
    do i go into flight sim itself and copy the airport from a top view, then put into maybe paint and save to a certain file name???? so i can work on it with FSSC????
    wish i knew how afcad did it?
    what one from shoff do i try???
    thank you <<AXE>>
  5. axe

axe

us-newyork
    Hello,
    how do I hit the print screen key???
    taken from a tutorial from shoff web!
    2. Now click back to that overhead view. You’ll see your runway jump a bit to the left or right depending on what the correction was from that magnetic heading you put in the box just earlier. Make sure the lat long numbers did not move. Now hit “Print screen” Key just once. Minimize Fs2002 with “Alt and tab” buttons simultaneously.
    Do I need some other program to be able to "print screen"?
    Thank You <<AXE>>
  6. axe

axe

us-newyork
    I can print the screen shot with my printer but, were does it save the file so i can get it into paint and rename it to a bmp???????
    anybody???
    maybe airport would work on fs2002????
    thank you <<AXE>:mad:
  7. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

You should be able to paste your screenshot into a painting program and then save it to disk. You could even use Paint to do that.

AFCAD does not work for Fs2002 to define visual taxiways. That is a Fs2004 feature only :). So using FSSC is a good choice. There is no way to import a default airport though, you will have to make an exclude to remove the default and then define the total airport again in FSSC. If you only want to add a new taxiway or so, you might be able to do it without the exclude.
  8. axe

axe

us-newyork
    Thank you,
    didn't think the early afcad would do that! tho fs2004 would!
    I take a screenshot but, i cannot find were it is put. when I reboot my computer, I get a message that a few printing jobs arent completed, I then hook up my printer and print it but, when I go into paint and open, I cannot find were the screenshot is located, (i'll keep fiddling). Thought I would take a airport I wish to remove soon, and play with that.
    I just installed AIRPORT 2.10 then the update to 2.60 from simviation.
    and updated that to 3.00. Is Airport better to use on the default airports?
    and were do you suggest I start to learn how it works?? the help pages seem very vague to me and blunt. any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I see that it will take some time and patiance<<AXE>>
  9. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

The screenshot you made should be on the clipboard, so you should be able to paste it from there into a new image.

If you use FSSC or Airport does not really matter, both have about the same functions. Some people prefer the interface of Airport others prefer FSSC. So just see which one you find easiest to work with.

I think most people are no longer making scenery for Fs2002, so getting help on that subject has become a bit more difficult indeed. But just post your questions here, there are enough people who will try to help you.
  10. axe

axe

us-newyork
    Thank You, I pasted it into "PAINT". and saved it to a 24-bit.bmp.
    I was hoping to jar someones memory on fs2002, i had always liked to learn this, and have some time now(maybe). my XP computer HD locked up so I don't have fs2004 nomore. and if i mess things up on this comp. and fs2002 it would be no loss, and kinda fun!
    So I will try FSSC, for it is the only one that i have a tutorial.
    But, my question is do i have to change the headings like he says, is this absalutely nessassary????
    1. Now click on the “World” then “Map view” and you’ll see a list of numbers to the left. Set the magnetic heading in the “Heading” box to 331 degrees. This is how I came up with that heading, the airport is pointing North or 0 degrees (I always subtract or add as the case may be from 360 degrees regardless. Your background will always orient itself to the magnetic heading of your airport anyway after you make that correction). The variation for my area around the airport we’re working with is 29 degrees east variation. (East is least and west is best) well, east is “least” or “minus” of your 0 north heading. So subtract 29 from 360 and you get 331 degrees (I do it that way no matter what airport I work with. Just makes it easier to do the math). If it was 29 degrees west you would add 29 degrees (west is best) so add 29 degrees to 360 and you would get 29 degrees (compass only goes to 360 and then you start over like this 0,1,2,3, all the way to 360 again. So now put 331 degrees in that box. Write down the lat long numbers while your at it.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated<<AXE>>
  11. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

You would have to check what the magnetic deviation is for the area you are working in. It will probably not be the 29 degrees mentioned in the tutorial. This is because you screenshot has been taken at 0 degrees magnetic, while the design programs work with true heading. So check the airport chart of your airport to see what the magnetic deviation is.
  12. axe

axe

us-newyork
    hello,
    I don't know were else to get that info but, only with AFCAD!!??
    i have
    center location
    LAT.= N43* 23.2371
    long.= W75* 29.1773
    ELEV.= +1220.0

Heading (from base end)
    True heading=167.000
    magnetic variation=13.0
    magnetic heading=180

:confused: not exactly how to change this to work in FSSC!?
    any help is great or suggestions, just want to make sure i have it right before i go on<<AXE>>
  13. axe

axe

us-newyork
    hello,
    i redid the top view photo, i changed heading in map view to 167????????
    is that correct?
    i added a taxiway next to the runway and my tutorial is from version 1.2.13.
    my version is 1.5.11, claims newest version is 1.54??
    so there is a slight difference between the two.
    and cannot understand how to export mine to flight sim?
    not sure how to name it, should i name it the same exact way?
    and is there a tutorial for my version?
    any suggestions would be of great help<<AXE>>
  14. axe

axe

us-newyork
    hello,
    there is two tools , one changed standard to metric, and the other changed metric to standard. i am horrible at math. anybody know the names of the tools?<<AXE>>
  15. axe

axe

us-newyork
    :( hello,
    I tried the tutorial that came with FSSC 1.5.11.
    the island in the sea one.
    trying to get familar with it.
    I did the tutorial exactly like it said(i think)
    when i go to the airport, i see a runway in front of me
    when i look right or left half my gauges show like cut in half with part of the panel.(and only sea to the left or right, no grass)
    when i go to control tower view, i see all grass.
    when i go to spot view, i dont see anything but grass untill i am exactly rite in front of the aircraft.
    if i rotate around the aircraft i see grass again.
    when i take off the runway kinda scrolls out in front of me.
    when i am off i look back and see grass.
    when i am about 10 miles out the island and runway look perfect.
    when i tried to land the runway disapeared like it was rolling up before me??
    all other default airfields are still fine!(I changed airports to verify they were ok)
    what is doing this???????????
    do i hafta click all 4 corners of the grass and hide underneath(i only clicked one and the runway reapeared back on top when i created it)?????
    i was almost happy!:(
    plz help<<AXE>>
  16. axe

axe

us-newyork
    hello,
    could it be that this area has abacus seaplane adventures installed??????
    and, how can i safely remove this scenery i created from flight sim.?
    if its possible that is, so i can try again????:(
    thank you<<AXE>>
  17. axe

axe

us-newyork
    I believe that this tutorial for our lil island in the sea that FSSC made was placed in a add on scenery already, sea plane adventures from abacus!
    could this be the problem?
    I donot know how to safely remove this with out removing my abacus add on?
    does anybody know how i can remove this?
    it maybe that the tutorialhas placed the runway elevation slightly under the grass? for when i take off, and get a good distance away from the runway i can see it clear as a bell!?
    when i fly back to it it starts to roll up and hide under the grass, when i land it will roll out in front of me??
    plz any help to remove this scenery? so i can try it farther out in the sea away from my add ons??????:confused:
    thank you <<AXE>:mad:
  18. axe

axe

us-newyork
    hello,
    think i removed it ok!? I hade named it Longbay and had named the airport PLOT. but inside the folder of Longbay was one called PLOT and two others called AB_BP_AV, and AB_SP_AV, they are abacus seaplane and bush pilot respectively!
    but, i deleted Longbay from the swcenery menu inside FS, and when i fly my cessna amphibian around its all water now,(this is good for now)!!
    but, in the AB_BP_AV, and AB_SP_AV, there is a folder inside each one of those called PLOT, from my tutorial i made????????????
    SO should i leave them, ? for i donot know how to get rid of them properly?
    any advice is appreciated, thank you<<AXE>>