• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Terrabuilder Help

Country
unitedstates
Is this the right forum to post regarding Terrabuilder?

I hope TBFSX is still alive and well, as it hasn't had much recent activity on the forums. I hope it is still supported since I just purchased it. So, if Misho is still around, I have some strange issues I'd like to bring up.

1) When I add a blend mask, most of the time, when I add the mask, instead of appearing directly over the photo BMP tile where it should go, it will appear several miles away all by itself. However, when I load the scenery, it seems to be doing it's job on the correct scenery tile, but I also see the red area of the blend BMP in the area where it shows up in the TBFSX screen. It seems like the first blend I add, positions itself correctly, but any further blend adds to other tiles start appearing all over the place. I can drag the blend back to the correct tile it is associated with, but I always get some edge bleed through as it seems like the blend mask is not exactly the same size as the scenery tile. Is there some default geo point I am missing that determines where the blend should be at? I would think it should automatically be placed at the exact coordinates of the scenery tile.

2) I had used TBFSX several years ago, and had become slightly proficient at creating grayscale elevation overlays for custom mesh BGL's. I have been away from design so long, I can't remember what my process was, and can not find any good tutorials or videos on how to create the overlays. I remember I was using the Google Earth terrain elevation data to pinpoint to elevation, but can't remember how I converted that to a grayscale shade. Has anyone have any leads?

Jim in Ohio
P3DV3 WIN10
i7 GTX1070 16G

Last edited: