• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Terrain Sculptor ... who is it?

Country
italy
First of all thanks you Don, for this so innovative and original tool. I've update to version 1.2.08 for creating undulations in Microsoft Flight Simulator® and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D®.

I would also like to exploit all the potential of TS, but I found considerable problems in using it.
In addition to the impossibility of importing cvx_flatten from SBX, ADE or BGL files.

It's not clear what you were attempting to accomplish by importing this file, since TS handles only flattens. (TS should have extracted the flatten and allowed you to edit it, but you would not be able to re-import it back into ADE.

There is also the problem now known
A / C to Cursor - Move the user's aircraft to the cursor position ...that instead originates at the origin of the geographic coordinates (Lat 0,00 0,00)

Observations: when I load a new project, the coordinates remained at 0.00N, 0.00W. Even when I connected to P3D and moved the display to the aircraft location, I still see no nodes.

When I start TS I always see this below.

MiG_024.jpg

I can undo or select it every time.

MiG_026.jpg

MiG_028.jpg

This should indicate the area displayed and the zoom level?

I hope so much that when you come back you can resell TS because its potential is really exceptional.

Cheers,

Giovanni

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The first problem above is the same one reported earlier with AIFP. I just need to rerelease TS with the new module. Other issues may also be Pv4 related, but you are the first to report them.

I don't understand your concern with "Displayed Area". It reports the size of the geographic area currently displayed. If you change the zoom level, then that display will also change. Perhaps you can be a little more specific.

Don

Country
italy
It reports the size of the geographic area currently displayed. If you change the zoom level, then that display will also change. Perhaps you can be a little more specific.

I just want to understand the difference, in this case as seen in the photo Displayed Area = 1.63 nm 1.35 nm

The displayed values are referred to in Nautical miles 1.63 axis x , 1.35 axis y?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Is this the viewing area on the screen that is in operation at the zoom level?
Yes.

Is already set to meters both Altitude / Elevation and Distance
I would have expected it to change to km when you selected metric distance. Another thing to add to my list.

Don

Country
italy
Thanks you for your time!!!:wizard:
Another thing to add to my list.

This is the last package?
Version 1.2.08

Save As filename cleared when new file created

Inability of TS to position aircraft after 10 retries reported to user.

Add P3Dv4 compatibility

MiG_031.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
This is the last package? Version 1.2.08
Yes. The version is shown in the title bar of the Main Panel. I don't always remember to update the version shown in Windows Properties.

The other items you mentioned are "on the list".

Don

Country
italy
MiG_032.jpg

Fantastic Don, ... :stirthepo

I imported cvx with flatten and roads at first shot. Even the display is now correct. Tomorrow we work on it. :wave:

Thank you