1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Texture Creation - Skid Marks

Discussion in 'General' started by Southwest, 20/5/10.

1. Southwest

Southwest

unitedkingdom
    Hello All,
    I've reached a point in a project were by I now need to start to model and create more detailed textures for my runway, how do i go about developing skids marks for runways in Adobe Photoshop, exactly like other developers do, i've tried with different brush effects but no luck, can't find any tutorials, so any advice is appreciated.

Regards.
  2. RIDZ_YSSY

RIDZ_YSSY

australia
    I am going through this process also, download some brushes for adobe off the internet they really help. The best way i found was to create a new document fill the background with black and paint the tire marks over it using different shades of gray. Combining two brushes together using the dual brush option really helps. Save only the background black image as the main image then save the whole image with all the tire marks as the alpha.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 6/6/10
  3. Southwest

Southwest

unitedkingdom
    Is the dual brush option available on Aodbe Photoshop 7, or are you refering to something else?

Mant thanks, I'll give thay a go!
    Last edited: 6/6/10
  4. RIDZ_YSSY

RIDZ_YSSY

australia
    I'm not quite sure which one has it or doesn't. I have cs3 version 10 and its got the option under the brushes presets tab.