• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE Texture Help needed: very confused

Country
us-newyork
Ive recently gone through some rough times with setting up some static aircraft on my airports.
I've gotten some good help from the people here, and have so far succeeded.
The problem I'm running into now, I'm placing models through ADE at airports. When I load the airport on FSX they are there but black. I'm getting an error message saying "Scenery Read Error. Attempting to open nonexistent directory: texture.....
I get lots of them...
I've read lots of forums and have textures for aircraft in texture folders.
I have texture folders in FSX, in addon scenery and texture folders for the specific airports
So at this point, I'm very confused.
Do I have too many folders, too many textures, I just can't figure it out.
Please Help

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello,...

First off,... how were the models placed within ADE? Give us an idea of the file structure (such as: the bgls files and the locations of the textures that are involved) used.

Country
us-newyork
I went through lists:models and went through the procedure on adding the model to that list
Then went to a parking spot, right clicked, add, model, and placed the model in the spot.
The .bgl files are placed in both scenery folders FSX/scenery AND in the airports scenery folder
The textures are placed the same way

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

Both Scenery folders... try to be a little more specific....

The only Scenery folder that you should add to is: "Addon Scenery" directory... under "scenery" directory and the "texture".

or

If you wish to add/create a scenery folder,... "Your Scenery" folder with "scenery" and "texture" directories within it. This method you will need to add it to "Scenery Library" within the settings menu within FS.

You do not need to place them in 2 locations or directories at all,... only 1 of the above location methods.

Country
us-newyork
What I meant by both folders is, in the addon scenery folder....a folder labeled scenery and in the folder for the airport labeled scenery.

So just need to add the .bgl files to the scenery folder and the textures to the texture folder?....also, where do the XML files go? Or do they go anywhere?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello....

The XML file is not needed. But you should keep it as backup, along with the ad4 file.

Last edited: