1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texture Path for converter ?

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by uli05, 23/3/09.

1. uli05

uli05

germany
    Hello Arno,
    i have the version 1.0 mdl converter, but he let me not my
    texture load from DVD drive !
    All my API Files are on DVD with Textures.

I dont load all files to my drive at PC, my favorite is for all the files the DVD Disk.

Can i make under vista ultimate accept the dvd drive for Converter ?
    Or must you rebuild your tool ?

Thanks
    ULI / Germany
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Can you not select a path on your DVD and add it to the texture path under the options? I have not added anything to prevent that as far as I know.

So under options you click the "..." in the texture path to get the texture path editor. There you click add and browse to the folder you want to add. I would expect that also works for DVDs.
  3. uli05

uli05

germany

Dear Arno,
    yes i have found...and i have added to the DVD.
    But i have all texture path insert in the Options-field, otherwise he found not all textures.

But the mdl file was not compile from Api.
    I have the exe from SDK insert in the folder where the converter
    is install.
    i dont no why ?
    The x.file is make, but i dont at this time what i can make with a txt file ??.
    Can i with this x file make an xml File ?

Better was for my own libarys when i have a mdl file to make a bgl file.

After this here the Error Message from Log file.
    -----------
    19:50 SCASMReader Information Starting reading of file E:\Program Files (x86)\API_FILES\3pers.api
    19:50 SCASMReader Information Starting reading of subobject 0
    19:50 SCASMReader Warning Unsupported command IfVarRange in line 25
    19:50 SCASMReader Information Finished reading of subobject 0
    19:50 SCASMReader Information Finished reading objects
    19:50 Renderer Information Loaded texture: persgrp2.bmp
    19:50 MDLXWriter Information Starting writing of file E:\Program Files (x86)\mdlnew\3pers.MDL
    19:50 XWriter Information Starting writing of file E:\Program Files (x86)\mdlnew\3pers.x
    19:50 XWriter Information Finished writing of file E:\Program Files (x86)\mdlnew\3pers.x
    19:50 XtoMDL Information OutputFile: E:\Program Files (x86)\mdlnew\3pers.MDL
    19:50 XtoMDL Information Output file after modification: E:\Program Files (x86)\mdlnew\3pers.MDL
    19:50 XtoMDL Information Creating output MDL file: E:\Program Files (x86)\mdlnew\3pers.MDL
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : XToMdl.exe Unhandled Application Exception
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly Managed_CrashTree, Version=10.0.61472.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 oder eine Abh„ngigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : Dateiname: "Managed_CrashTree, Version=10.0.61472.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly Managed_CrashTree, Version=10.0.61472.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 oder eine Abh„ngigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : Dateiname: "Managed_CrashTree, Version=10.0.61472.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error :
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : WRN: Protokollierung der Assemblybindung ist AUS.
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : Sie k”nnen die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler aktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) auf 1 festlegen.
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : Hinweis: Die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler fhrt zu einer gewissen Leistungseinbuáe.
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : Sie k”nnen dieses Feature deaktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] entfernen.
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.ModelProcessingContext.Dispose()
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.XToXmlLib.<GetFileProcessor>d__0.MoveNext()
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.FileExporter.OutputModels(IEnumerable ProcessedModels)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.XToXmlLib.OutputModels(IEnumerable`1 processedModels)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.XToXmlLib.ProcessAllFiles()
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.XToXmlLib.Process(ModelFile[] InputFiles, Hashtable[] AnimationLinkage, String[] AnimationFileRef, XPartDict PartDictionary)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.ProcessInputs()
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.RealMain(String[] args)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.Main(String[] args)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : Die Datei oder Assembly Managed_CrashTree, Version=10.0.61472.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 oder eine Abh„ngigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : Stack Trace:
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.ModelProcessingContext.Dispose()
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.XToXmlLib.<GetFileProcessor>d__0.MoveNext()
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.FileExporter.OutputModels(IEnumerable ProcessedModels)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.XToXmlLib.OutputModels(IEnumerable`1 processedModels)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.XToXmlLib.ProcessAllFiles()
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.XToXmlLib.Process(ModelFile[] InputFiles, Hashtable[] AnimationLinkage, String[] AnimationFileRef, XPartDict PartDictionary)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.ProcessInputs()
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.RealMain(String[] args)
    19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.Main(String[] args)
    19:50 MDLXWriter Information Finished writing of file E:\Program Files (x86)\mdlnew\3pers.MDL

Why comes this Message ?
    "19:50 XtoMDL Information (0): error : XToMdl.exe Unhandled Application Exception"

From where become i makemdl.exe ?
    It was not on my system ?

Thanks a lot !
    Regards
    ULI
    PS.
    all for FSX !
  4. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Uli,

Make sure that you have changed the decimal delimiter in your regional settings (Einstellungen / Systemsteuerung / Regions- und Sprachoptionen / Regionale Einstellungen / Anpassen) from the comma (,) to the point (.) while operating this tool.

Why are you asking for makemdl.exe? That was part of the FS9 SDK. But the error message you have posted does not say anything about makemdl.exe
  5. uli05

uli05

germany
    It was..

Hi there,
    yes that have i made for a long time ago.
    The decimal is a point.
    but the third line under System/Region is also a Point.
    That is four the group of 123.123.123
    or is that right ? 123`123`123

But maketomdl is in sdk...that have i found with new download SDK. That is a must for 3ds Files.

But why the errormessage for xtomdl ?

Thanks
    ULI
  6. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Don't copy the XtoMDL.exe to the folder of ModelConverterX. The executable alone does not work, there are all sort of related DLL files. Such enter the path to where you installed the SDK in the ModelConverterX options.
  7. uli05

uli05

germany
    Ok...but

ok arno,it goes.
    But.
    In the xmlcreator i see all GUID No. and so on, but when i compile my own complete bgl File he give me errors with....
    i had no name and Guid number give at my MDL Objects.

What is that....?
    All Object in creator has GUID no. and Names !

Or must i post this in other thread for creator ??

See pictures here....

Sry. for my newbie question....but i will learn for to make my own objects from all my old API files. That was a work over 10 Years !

Regards.
    ULI

Attached Files: