1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Evil Seven

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by Helli, 12/3/07.

1. Helli

Helli

germany
    Hello Arno,

lately I am getting acquainted in using "Generic Buildings" and their plentiful parameters for designing cities with more than 300 (autogen) buildings.

I use for this the build-in capability of ObPlacer_XML (FS9) since I can play around with varying the parameter values and see the result immediately in the preview window.
    All works very nice.

One thing I noticed though:
    When setting the "GableTexture" - value to "7" or less, the ObPlacer_XML vanishes without a trace, i.e. all entries, which have not been saved intermediately, are lost.
    The same happens, when I try to change the value manually, i.e. by typing the number 7. Inserting for instance "37" manually is not possible, only by using the incremental up/down-pointers.

It is not a real problem, once one knows and is careful.

With kind regards

Helli
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Helli,

Yes, that crash for low values I have found before. Not sure if I have already fixed it.

You should be able to type in 37 though, as long as the value in the text boxs stays below the maximum all the time.
  3. Helli

Helli

germany
    My, your are fast Arno!

Well, you know the fault and that is what I wanted to achieve.

Just a small correction:
    Manually one can only insert "80 to 84" (84 being the upper limit).
    In all other cases the first input is "7" or lower.

But I guess that is rather academic.

Still I like the Generic Building feature of ObPlacer_XML very much - even if the whole topic is " a pain in.." as Sruffyduck-Jon exclaimed somewhere else (not in exact these words!)

Well good luck with the error hunt - but it's not urgent at all, since there is another way available.

Greetings from Upper-Bavaria

Helli
  4. arno

netherlands
    I'll put it on my to-check list, just to make sure I have catched this error.

But at the moment I am also thinking about a bigger overhaul of the entire tool, to make it FsX ready as well :).
  5. Helli

Helli

germany
    Good news!

But when you do, please keep the Generic Building function, since I do not know of any other placement tool to provide Generic Buildings.

Many thanks

Helli
  6. arno

netherlands
    Of course, the generic buildings with the dynamic preview are an important feature that must stay in the tool.