1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA The viewer

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Pyscen, 27/3/10.

1. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Arno,...

A simple question,...

when viewing a model,... and changing any of the material(s) settings thru the material editor; Do the changes appear immediately within the viewer (MCX that is)?

Just wondering if all settings affect within the viewer?
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Not all settings will have an effect in the viewer directly. Some are quite FS specific. But most of the settings should have a direct effect in the preview, like setting double sided, changing a texture or colour, etc.

What settings would you like to see?
  3. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Arno... I really was looking for just an yes or no answer.... a simple question :D I was just wondering what effects were within the viewer. But all settings would be nice thru the viewer before making into a model. Maybe that would help in troubleshooting before having to install into FSX.

I'm not expecting this to happen over night or even in the next couple of versions... it could be at the very bottom of the list of upgrades.

If I was to ask for a specific effect to be seen within the viewer I would think that light effects etc would be nice.