1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timberline Lodge for FSX

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by mikrco, 22/3/07.

1. mikrco

mikrco

us-oregon
    FSX_Timberline_Lodge.zip includes updates to, and combines the FS9 Timberline Lodge with the Elk Camp sceneries for use in FSX. This version includes additional roads, land class, and various default and custom objects.

Locations:

Timberline Lodge Helipad "OTLL"
    Climber Camp at the Hogback on Mt Hood
    Hunting Camp and Elk herd near N45* 26.46 W121* 45.68
    Elk herd near N45* 27.46 W121* 44.20
    Elk herd near Timberline Lodge
    Ranger Station on Cooper Spur N45* 25.63 W121* 38.71

Can be downloaded from the Munchbros.com site. Check the General disscussion forum for down load link.

Attached Files:

2. DocMoriarty

DocMoriarty

germany
    I tried out your scenery. It's a very nice VFR area there, pretty much my taste. I hope the lodge owners don't mind me crashing my Bell into the lodge first flight i made there (with real weather, 24kt wind).

When i view the airport in my addon i don't get a helipad record though. It shows the airport but has no additional info. Could it be that you either didn't use the new xml format and BGLComp or perhaps a tool that isn't fully compatible with FSX yet to make the bgl ?

My addon wip: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3804
  3. Brother23

Brother23

germany
    Nice scenery!

I hope I can travel to north america one day and see the huge forests

that stretch from horizon to horizon.

Central Europe is not nice for people that want to live in silence.

Village after Village. City after City. Anything compressed.

Thats more for machines than living humans.

Keep on showing the beauty of your home!

Greetings
  4. mikrco

mikrco

us-oregon
    Thanks for the kudos guys, glad you enjoyed the scenery. As to your ? Doc -
    I did use the new .xml and BGLcomp for FSX, however there is limited info. It is just a start point for the Helipad and can be accessed from the "Go to Airport" using the "OTTL" (fictitious ID) and it will show in your GPS for reference.

Since there is no Real World facility at the lodge - this was done as a convenience to those who are less patient and want to view the new scenery quickly.

I recommend a flight from Hood River (4S2) or other nearby airport for those who like to take a little more time.
  5. DocMoriarty

DocMoriarty

germany
    Thanks for clarifying that. I already guessed it had only a start record which i don't use. I thought Helipads might have a DrawSurface or DrawDetail option like taxiways but they don't have according to SDK doc. Maybe an invisible helipad record could be added by setting the type attribute to NONE but not sure, not working on scenery atm.