1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timed Scenery Objetcts

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by Fern, 16/1/05.

1. Fern

Fern

canada
    Hi,

Is there a way of editing an API directly to make the object appear only when desired?

Note that I am not talking about an 'Effect', I am talking about ordinary objects, such as a boat that shouldn't appear during winter months, for example.

Thanks!

Fern
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
  3. Fern

Fern

canada
    Timed scenery objects

Hi, Arno

Thanks. Problem is that I don't have a list of "codes". Now, from your tip, I know that

346 -> Image Complexity, and that 3 -> dense, 5 -> extremely dense, and I can guess that 4 -> very dense

28C -> time of day, and 2 -> dusk and dawn, 4-> night

But I don't have a list of codes for anything else. For example, how do I say appear during March, that kind of stuff. I did find a list for 'Effects' with the MOY, DOM, etc., but those don't apply.

Is there a place where I can find the list of possibile codes and their variable values?

Thanks!

Fern
  4. Gorchi

Gorchi

Fern,
    in effects just MOY (Month Of Year) is that You want to use. Otherwise You should check day of Year variable and check if the day falls in Your predefined range. Right now I can't tell You which variable is appropriate but I am sure there is one. Also check Scenery SDK for FS2000 (yes FS 2000!) where You have such list of variables and if it is possible also FS98 SDK, where is comprehensive list of variables.
    For variables used in effects, check Effects SDK for FS2002 or FS2004.

Best regards,
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
  6. Fern

Fern

canada
    Timed Scenery

Got it! And it works.

Thanks, fellas.

F