1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timezone Editor Problems

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by lucclaus, 18/6/08.

1. lucclaus

lucclaus

Hi Don,

I tried the Time Zone Editor.

I go to Airports, Change Local Time Offset and enter DTMB. I receive the data for DTMB. As Tunisia is using DST I change the Summer Time from blank to 2. I click on Apply Update.
    When I click then on the Exit button I receive the following warning : "Changes made to the file will not be saved. Exit anyway ? ". I have the option Yes and No.

This means that Apply Update is not changing the timezone.dat file which it should be doing

Or am I doing something wrong here?

Rgds
    Luc
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    No, Luc, you're not doing anything wrong. It would appear that I started to modify the time zone editor some time ago but never finished the job. The finished time zone editor is available in Version 1.31, uploaded a short while ago.

Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Don
  3. lucclaus

lucclaus

Time Zone Editor

Hi Don,

I have a problem with the timezone editor. I start from the default timezone.dat
    When I change the timezone for an airport (GCFV) and save the changes I receive an error message for certain flightplans (see example in attachment). I have checked my airport.dat,the airport is there, and I have checked my timezone.dat, the changed airport is there as I have entered and the airport in the error message is also there. I have this with MDPP and GGOV.

Any ideas ?

Rgds
    Luc

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      20.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: 22/6/08
  4. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    The country/region/city data is used to link the two data bases. This problem should occur only if the spelling of the country entry in the two databases don't match or if no standard time offset is specified in Timezone.dat. I note that two of the three airports with which you're having difficulty have a 0 offset from UTC. Please check that the standard time offset in the timezone database for the applicable city is "0" and not blank.

In order for me to help diagnose the problem further, I need a copy of your "AirportList.dat" and your "Timezone.dat". Please send them via e-mail attachment to the e-mail address noted at the end of the user manual.

Don
  5. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
  6. lucclaus

lucclaus

Hi Don,

Thks for the new version.

I tried it out, did the same thing as described in my mail to you, and works now. I change the timezone for GCFV and no longer have the error message.

I do however have a problem now with the conversion from LT to UTC. eg the first flight in flighplan (13) from the file I send you yesterday :

EBBR 10:25 MDPC 18:20 all LT

when I look in the text editor(=UTC) I see 0/08:25,@0/18:20,360,F,0103,MDPC.
    So dep EBBR correct as (UTC+2), arr MDPC wrong (1820 and -4UTC= 22:20)

other flights have the same problem

Could you check this plse

Thks a lot
    Luc
  7. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Sorry, Luc. It was another instance of a problem I fixed yesterday. (If summer time was selected and summertime was not observed at the airport, I used UTC time rather than the standard time offset.)

Easy fix. I'll have a new version out later today.

Sure wish you'd been on my beta team!
    Don
  8. lucclaus

lucclaus

Thks for the fix Don
    I will continue testing time permitting

Luc