1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tools Won't show up.

Discussion in 'SDK installation' started by Kevin, 21/10/10.

1. Kevin

Kevin

us-virginia
    On the Toolbar at the top of FSX, I cannot get the TOOLS tab to come up.

I am trying to use the Object Placement Tool, I went into the dll.xml, and activated it, but tools doesnt show up.

I have FSX Acceleration, Accel. SDK installed, and Object Placement tool Activated... what do i do?
  2. natas2003

natas2003

newzealand
    I have win 7 and i still cant get the tools working myself ,ive install the tools many times in other op systems and never had a problem like this ,its always been the path but this time it seems its something else ..

maybe its admin rights or something else its stopping it ,but im lost aswell any help would save the day

op system specs
    win 7 64bit
    8 gig ram
    1 gig card gpu
    Amd phenom x6 1055t cpu

gmax was funny too with exporting a model ,example if i set the admin rights to open gmax it wont see the gmax file i made but will open any other file i made before yesterday , if i open without admin rights in gmax it shows up the gmax file but with a lock on it and im unable to change permissions even though im the owner, the saves from this file always save with a lock on it so i cant import it into full permissions gmax {no fix } and one model unable to do anything with..
    { always run gmax with admin rights set }

library creator had the same problem it would not open any mdl saying they where invalid{ the fix is set compatibly admin rights }
    Last edited: 22/10/10
  3. Kevin

Kevin

us-virginia
    Ive got Win7 also, that might be it, i hope somebody knows out there
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands