1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touch & Gos for Dummies?

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Tim_A, 13/7/08.

1. Tim_A

Tim_A

england
    I should start by saying you don't even need a pen to write down how much I know about AI flight plans. Ideally, I'd like it to stay that way, which is why I want a nice little pointy-clicky tool to build them... ;)

Now, what I'm trying to do should be quite simple (in my head anyway!)... and that is, create a flight plan for two aircraft to do VFR touch and gos at my new FSX airport, on weekends only. Each plane will do several sessions, of between 1 and 2 hours (exact timings are not important), with a spell on the ground in between.

After much faffing around and head scratching/banging on wall, I've arrived at the screenshot, which describes what I want for one aircraft. It won't let me save it though, complaining that the start and destination airports are the same! :confused: Which is surely the point for T&G? :banghead:

Help! :D

Are there any tutorials that walk you through building simple flightplans? The UI is very dense and not particularly intuitive if you don't already know what you're doing... ;)

Attached Files:

2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    The flight pan is perfectly valid. It looks like you've found a bug in AIFP. I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting it.

Re tutorials, the TTools user manual is the best available of those I know about.

Don
  3. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Tim, please try Version 1.38. It was a minor problem whereby if you specified both TNG operation and arrival time (a perfectly normal situaton, I might add), the system would object.

Sorry for the inconvenence,
    Don
  4. Tim_A

Tim_A

england
    Thanks Don. It'll be tomorrow now though! :)