1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traffic.bgl

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Jaelp, 11 Nov 2008.

1. Jaelp

Jaelp

belgium
    Hey,

I'm new to your software (I love the concept).
    Sadly, i haven't been succesful at actually launching a flight.
    I've been reading on this forum a lot to figure out my problem, But i'll just try to fix it by reading again and asking some questions if you don't mind.
    So... First question:
    Is there a special location to put the Traffic.bgl file ? and how important is the nomenclature ? (--> just read it's not important as long as it has bgl extention)
    (sorry if it's a stupid question, i hope i didn't miss a topic on this)

Greets,
    Jaƫl
    Last edited: 11 Nov 2008
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    As Don will tell you, I have the corner on stupid questions. If you have successfully made a trafic bgl(AIFP won't let you save it in an incorrect format), than you can copy it to FSX/Scenery/World/scenery. Or you can have AIFP put it there.

Bob
  3. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    The folder in which you store the traffic_xxx.bgl doesn't matter so long as FS9/X can "see" it when you want the traffic to run. A lot of people (including, obviously, my buddy BobbyJack) like to use the Scenery\World\Scenery folder. However, for my own personal use, I store my traffic files in a seperate subfolder in the AddonScenery folder and then make a Scenery Library entry to control when it runs. That way, I can easily control when the traffic gets displayed.

That being said, I am constantly adjusting my setup for development reasons. Saving/controlling traffic files as I do may not offer the same advantages if you just want to let the traffic run all the time.

Don