1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traffic.bgl

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Jaelp, 11/11/08.

1. Jaelp

Jaelp

belgium
    Hey,

I'm new to your software (I love the concept).
    Sadly, i haven't been succesful at actually launching a flight.
    I've been reading on this forum a lot to figure out my problem, But i'll just try to fix it by reading again and asking some questions if you don't mind.
    So... First question:
    Is there a special location to put the Traffic.bgl file ? and how important is the nomenclature ? (--> just read it's not important as long as it has bgl extention)
    (sorry if it's a stupid question, i hope i didn't miss a topic on this)

Greets,
    Jaƫl
    Last edited: 11/11/08
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    As Don will tell you, I have the corner on stupid questions. If you have successfully made a trafic bgl(AIFP won't let you save it in an incorrect format), than you can copy it to FSX/Scenery/World/scenery. Or you can have AIFP put it there.

Bob
  3. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    The folder in which you store the traffic_xxx.bgl doesn't matter so long as FS9/X can "see" it when you want the traffic to run. A lot of people (including, obviously, my buddy BobbyJack) like to use the Scenery\World\Scenery folder. However, for my own personal use, I store my traffic files in a seperate subfolder in the AddonScenery folder and then make a Scenery Library entry to control when it runs. That way, I can easily control when the traffic gets displayed.

That being said, I am constantly adjusting my setup for development reasons. Saving/controlling traffic files as I do may not offer the same advantages if you just want to let the traffic run all the time.

Don