1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transparency Problem

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Flugwerk, 5/11/07.

1. Flugwerk

Flugwerk

austria
    Arno,
    I have a new problem. Alpha channel doesn't show properly on my converted sca models. To be more precise, alpha doesnt work at all.
    I tried DXT1 and DXT3 with BMP and DDS without success.

I have noticed some entries for alpha (Alphadata-Entries) in the generated .X files.
    Maybe some of the values are not set correct. Do you know where to find more information about these entries and/or how to set them?

Regards,
    Heinrich
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Heinrich,

I think you are right, in the FsX material I do not set anything for alpha channel at the moment. I have not tried it, but I think if you set the BlendDiffuseByBaseAlpha option to 1 then it will work again.

I will have to find a way to figure out if the textures applied on the macro use an alpha channel I guess. Or maybe I should just let the user specify such data.
  3. Flugwerk

Flugwerk

austria
    Arno,

I have solved the problem. It was quite easy. Just removed all the FS10Material entries and added the following entry (in red) to the standard Material entry:

Material mat3 {
    1.000; 1.000; 1.000; 1.000;;
    0.000000;
    0.000; 0.000; 0.000;;
    0.000; 0.000; 0.000;;
    TextureFileName {
    "votiv03.bmp";
    }
    DiffuseTextureFileName {
    "votiv03.bmp";
    }
    AmbientTextureFileName {
    "votiv03_lm.bmp";
    }

}
    Now transparency and night effect (_lm) is working.

Regards,
    Heinrich
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Heinrich,

That does not really sound like the FsX way of doing things (adding the night texture as ambient is the Fs2004 way of working), so I think I will continue searching for the FsX solution. The SDK gives a nice overview of the FsX material in the X file.