1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transparency

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by scubakobe, 2/2/09.

1. scubakobe

scubakobe

us-california
    Hi all,

So I'm trying to enable transparency in my FSDS 3.5.1 created object. I've created a DXT1 texture with alpha channel and enabled "Has transparency" in the object properties inside FSDS, but the transparent areas still show up as black.

I then downloaded this tool, ModelConverterX and manually set transparency to TRUE. After that I attempted to export the model to FSX .MDL and the program crashed. So I exported it to .X with no trouble, then ran it through XtoMDL.exe

When loaded in FSX the object does have the transparency (Although flipped to face the wrong direction for some reason) but the entire object was rotated 90 degrees to the ground.

After much searching I'm starting to think that I'm the only person having such persistent problems adding transparencies to FSX scenery objects.

Any help is appreciated, thanks,

Kobbe
  2. meshman

meshman

withdrawn.
    Last edited: 29/6/09
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Kobbe,

Version 0.55 has some bugs indeed with reading MDL files and then exporting them again. This will be solved with the next release.

But as said in the other post, there are easier ways to add transparency to your object. I never designed this tool to do that :), although it is always nice to see how people use it differently than you thought possible.
  4. scubakobe

scubakobe

us-california
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to find the hidden link to the thread in your post.. :confused:

But yes indeed, I'm making a FSX version of Flabob.:)
    The Flabob Airport Cafe is a nice place to eat at, especially for a $100 burger fly in.

Stop by the airport and take a look around sometime, everyone is friendly over there.
  5. scubakobe

scubakobe

us-california
    Nice to know that I'm not the only one running in to such problems!

Looks like a useful tool, though, so thanks for making it. ;)
  6. meshman

meshman

withdrawn.
  7. scubakobe

scubakobe

us-california
    Thanks! Works beautifully now, no drawing order issues either which I was afraid of. Although I don't have SP2 installed. Another concern.. :banghead:

Now, another semi related question, since you've been so helpful.. :D

There is a texture mapping issue on one part of my hangar. It's skewed. I've tried to apply the texture in polygon mode (Where you move the point around on the texture) as well as simply using main Part Texture method.

The rest of the textures applied fine, so I'm lost again as to what is causing this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. meshman

meshman

withdrawn.