1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tree Planter

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by Jens Peter, 4/12/05.

1. Jens Peter

Jens Peter

Hej

Im using George Davidson's Tree Planter program in 3 of my sceneries, but have suddenly discovered that GianP trees (default Textures) don't adjust to Season, strange since they are "autogen".

What did i do Wrong ?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me :santahat:
    Last edited: 4/12/05
  2. phpdk

phpdk

denmark
    Hi,

I am not quite sure what you mean. Gian P does himself (on his site) explain the problem with a library following the season.

The autogen follows the mesh and the problem when using a libraray is exactly that, making it follow the mesh. I do not think that problem has been solved. So you have to make the trees (the library) specific for the location to make them/it follow the seasons of the mesh. To that end you can easily tweak the asm according to Arno's instructions. (You have to know the dates of the season changes).

I have done it for my EKVJ and EKOD sceneries, see http://www.narrator.dk/fsdk.htm. My libraries uses the default textures.

Peter
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Nothing wrong with you, as pointed at by Peter they are not designed to do they. They are not actually autogen trees (as these are generated by the scenery engine directly), only library objects that look and feel like the autogen objects. But changing with the season is not something that happens automatically.
  4. Jens Peter

Jens Peter

Hej Peter and Arno

Thanks for your kind Answers, i will try to look through the ness. documentation, and se if i can change the code according to the sourroundings time/season. Sigh,..it is so time consuming :stirthepo

And Peter, good luck with EKOD it looks very promissing

Arno, do you know if the new EZ-Scenery program by abacus can use API's made in NOVA sim.

Take Care
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

No, sorry. EZ-Scenery uses the Fs2004 XML code to place the objects and it is only able to read objects from Fs2004 library files. The tool does not work with the old API format.

And as far as I know, there is no easy way to get a NovaSim object into a Fs2004 style object library.