1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to compile

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by robystar, 29/5/09.

1. robystar

robystar

Hi,

Thanks for the latest version where you can choose to change the guid and the texture embedded in the model.
    It looks like a fantastic tool. I wish I knew how I could make it work.
    So far I have managed to have a Guid and texture change of the model and the outcome us a new mdl.
    However, I cannot compile it into a bgl.
    I enclose both the mdl and the xml hoping you can tell me where I go wrong.
    The event log is as follows:
    12:25 PM MDLXReader Information Starting reading of file C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_FlagPole.MDL
    12:25 PM MDLXReader Information Finished reading objects
    12:25 PM Renderer Information Loaded texture: MRFLAGS.BMP
    12:27 PM MDLXWriter Information Starting writing of file C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.MDL
    12:27 PM MDLXWriter Information Object contains animations
    12:27 PM XWriter Information Starting writing of file C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.x
    12:30 PM Renderer Information Loaded texture: BELFLAG..bmp
    12:31 PM MDLXWriter Information Starting writing of file C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.MDL
    12:31 PM XWriter Information Starting writing of file C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.x
    12:31 PM XWriter Information Finished writing of file C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.x
    12:31 PM XtoMDL Information OutputFile: C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.MDL
    12:31 PM XtoMDL Information Output file after modification: C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.MDL
    12:31 PM XtoMDL Information Creating output MDL file: C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.MDL
    12:31 PM XtoMDL Information CRASHTREE no granularity specified
    12:31 PM XtoMDL Information CRASHTREE completed in 00:00:00.0468750
    12:31 PM MDLXWriter Information Finished writing of file C:\Temp\animated flag\FSX_BelFLag.MDL

Thanks beforehand,

Roby

Edit 1600h: compiled the xml with the mdl. But object does not show up. When I import the bgl with modelconverterx I get the info that no object is found in the bgl.
    Last edited: 29/8/09
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Roby,

I tried it here, but the object appears fine. I had to change the name of the MDL, as it is not the same as in the XML file. But for the rest your code is fine.
  3. robystar

robystar

Yes, you are right. My mistake.
    However, it was supposed to be an animated flag. Now it is static!

Roby
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    ModelConverterX can not (yet) read skin and bone animations. I guesst these were used then. Did the author not also include a GMax file with the upload? Then you can modify it there.
  5. robystar

robystar

Hi,

Yes he did. I guess I will have to fall back on that, then.

Thanks.

Roby