1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to move runway

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by David Butler, 24/4/08.

1. David Butler

David Butler

england
    Jon

I am creating EGDR for VFR scenery and have inserted the first runway but ADE will not allow me to move it, After highlighting I can rotate the runway but not move it to its correct position. The maual says I should be able to move it by dragging but this does not happen. Any help would be appreciated, am I doing/not doing something stupid

I am using Vista with SP1

Dave Butler
  2. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    Hi David,

There should be no problem dragging a runway unless you have inadvertently locked it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

George
  3. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    George is correct. There are a couple of ways to lock runways to stop them being accidentally moved or deleted

If the tooltip for the runway has a yellow background check that you have not locked runways - Look in the Lock menu and maje sure that runways is not ticked. If it has a pink backgroun then select it, right click it and then uncheck the lock object entry.

I suspect the first of the two.
  4. David Butler

David Butler

england
    Jon, George

Many thanks for your help. It was locked in the "Lock" menu. Sorry didn't think of looking there I assumed that there would be a tick\cross in the Lock box on the main view. Now I know
    Again many thanks

Dave
  5. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Good to know it is fixed. The issue of the missing tick has been raised before. That box is ticked when the user locks something rather than having an application wide lock. We need to update our documentation :eek: