• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

updating ade 1.0

i am a new user of ADE. i downloaded v 1.0 and installed it without apparent problems. when i tried to update using the online updater, i found the 2 files needed to update to v1.0. each of the downloads ended prematurely with a message that the file could not be completed. the internet connection seems ok as the original ADE v1 was downloaded intact.

can anyone help with this problem?

thanks.

steve chavin

Country
newzealand
Hi Steve
have you tried updating again, maybe a firewall problem if you have one turned on, Jon will probably be along later to help after he's unpacked from his holiday as he has only just returned home
please bare with us

Ray

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As Ray says please make sure that your firewall allows ADE to access the internet. Can you please give me some more details on any error messages that you are getting? Both files are small zip files and should download quickly

jon and ray:

thanks for the responses. checked firewall; even with it disabled, the file downloads are truncated. i can access ADE website with firewall enabled and can download a full file of the editor program, without.

the messages i get at the termination of the downloads are as follows:

"unable to load file:adeh_105.zip" after ~38%

"unable to load file:sde_lib_105.zip" after ~68%

thanks for any help.

steve chavin

GHD

Country
england
Steve,

You are accessing the website via IE (or Firefox), however, the update is accessing the files via the ADE program. You need to allow ADE to have internet access.

George

problem solved

thanks to all for the suggestions. unfortunately none of them fixed the download problem. the cause was some kind of incompatibility between the down load express program i use for download management and the scruffy duck site. when i downloaded the files with download express disabled, both files downloaded intact and i was able to update the airport designer to v 1.05.

looking forward to using the designer as soon as i figure out how to do so.

steve chavin

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Steve

I will add a note in the FAQ about download managers - thanks

Country
newzealand
And the FireFox download manager also works fine........
nice to know you found the problem Steve

Ray