1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating bgl files

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by yuku, 4/5/10.

1. yuku

yuku

netherlands
    I've been using AIFP for some time now and since v1.6.29 I've been logging which flightplans have been compiled with which version of AIFP.

now that I am done installing all my flightplans (I was a fair bit behind schedule) I'm seeing a big list of flightplans which were compiled using v.1.6.29 and a big chuck using v1.6.32 (the 1.6.30 and 1.6.31 ones have already been replaced by 1.6.32 ones since that was only a small batch).

Now my question is: should I recompile all the ones that have been done with the v1.6.29 or before with the latest one (v1.6.32) as the rest of them?

And if so what would be the best way to do this?
    Remove the old file and then recompile or just recompile and overwrite the old one. Or maybe another approach?

Thanks for the fantastic tool!
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    I don't think so. As far as I know, updates have nothing to do with the format of the finished bgl, but rather how AIFP works. A flight plan compiled with an early version is no different than a plan compiled with the latest. I have plans that go pretty far back.

Bob
  3. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Bob's right. There have been no changes to the compiler since v ersion 1.6.29.

Don