1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a project multiple times

Discussion in 'FSDS' started by scubakobe, 22/12/06.

1. scubakobe

scubakobe

us-california
    Hi,

I have been making multiple hangars by taking one project and duplicating it, then modifying it and saving it as a new project that I will compile.
    Basically, I take hangar1.fsc and copy it to make hangar2.fsc and then modify the textures of hangar2.fsc and then export it.

After changing the polygon textures and part textures, I then export it to MDL. However, once in FS9 the object shows up with the correct part textures (The ones that I used the FSDS "front,back,side" feature on) but the polygonal textures are showing the previous project's texture.

For example, Hangar2 is showing some textures of Hangar1.

I double checked that I had all the textures in the texture list and everything appeared correctly in FSDS preview window.

So, what could be causing this problem?

Here are a couple pictures explained using the Hangar1 and Hangar2 example:

Hangar 2 showing correctly in FSDS
    [​IMG]

Hangar 2 showing Hangar 1 polygon texture in FS9
    [​IMG]
  2. jdhaenens

jdhaenens

unitedstates
    I have had this problem with FSDS 3 myself. I think I had to go back to the texture list and delete the offending texture, then go to the texture assignment box, clear all the part textures (even if none show), hit the clear all polygon textures button on the part texture assignments box and retexture the polys.

Enjoy!

JimD
  3. scubakobe

scubakobe

us-california
    Thanks Jim!

Works fine now!
  4. jdhaenens

jdhaenens

unitedstates
    You're welcome.

Don't you just love undocumented software features?

JimD