1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using created airports...

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by mdm248111, 16/3/09.

1. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    I created an airport using ADE, and it is on FSX. I "added" the airport with the new airport info form in AI FLight planner. I created many (at least 25) flight plans, but no airplanes are there when I fly to the airport...
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Hi, Michael

My sugestion is always to keep it simple when working with something new.

Start with one, two leg plan. Maybe between stock airports at first.

Unless you told AIFP differently, the default compile location for traffic bgls is the Traffic file in the root AIFP folder. In that case you must copy and paste into FSX.

If you have any FS9 traffic files in FSX, your FSX compiled traffic will not show.

I like to use the "Collect Airports" feature to add airports. For my simple brain, that removes the possibility of incorrect data entry.

Bob
  3. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Michael, to add to what Bob said, the destination airport must have sufficient and appropriate parking for the airplanes you want to have land there and, for those flight plans that depart from nearby airports, the originating airports too to must have adequate parking.

Like Bob says, keep it simple. With a new airport, new flight plans (and perhaps untested AI aircraft), the potential for problems is enormous.

Keep at it.

Don
  4. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    I got the AI to show at stock airports...

I also think that I have plenty of parking (and yes, the assigned parking matches the AI airlines I have (Southwest, American Airlines, etc.)
    Last edited: 2/4/09
  5. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Yup! I would say you've got lots of parking. But, by appropriate, I was implying parking radius and types, not airlines, and that it is properly-connected to the runway/taxiway systems. (I can't tell from the attachment whether or not parking might be the issue.)

If the AI shows up at stock airports, then the problem would seem to lie with the new airport. While I won't have time to fully troubleshoot it, if you send me the afcad for the new airport and the traffic file or flight plan files, I'll take a look to see if anything "jumps out at me".

Don
  6. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    ok thanks....I will try to send it to you...
  7. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    Here is everything that I believe I have relating to my problem...any suggestions/solutions will help...
    Last edited: 2/4/09
  8. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the afcad, so it must have something to do with the record for the airport you created in AirportList.dat. So, would you please send me either your AirportList.dat or the line from it relating to the new airport.

BTW, there are a large number for duplicates in the Flight Plan List. This has nothing to do with this particular problem, but I thought you'd like to know. Also, since you haven't said otherwise, I assume the flight plans compiled without error. Without the airport data, I can't tell.

Don
  9. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Further to my post of last evening, there is nothing wrong with either the afcad or the traffic file.

The traffic file has a few flight plans that make use of default aircraft, e.g., #20 and #32. This traffic arrives at and departs from KLBG properly. I don't have the WoAI aircraft used by the rest of the flight plans but there is no reason to believe they wouldn't work equally well (so long as they are installed on your system).

If you still can't get it to work on your system, please refer to the troubleshooting guide near the end of the user manual and note the specifics.

Incidentally, one of the H/S nodes for runway 18/36C is not connected to the taxiway system. (This has nothing to do with your problem.) Also, using the east-west taxiway at the south end of the airport must be an interesting experience ;). I assume the airport is not quite finished.

Don
  10. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    No...it isn't quite finished yet... The WoAI works at KRDU so I know that isnt a problem...I don't think I added KLBG in the Airportlist.dat but it shows up and the ATC works.

Tell me where I can access this list and then tell me what to put...

what do you mean about the east-west taxi??
  11. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    oh I see what you mean...I designated that strictly as a crosswind runway...hopefully to be used only by GA.
  12. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    that's what you did when you used the Airport Editor. Since you were able to compile the file including KLBH, it must have been included.

Perhaps I don't have all the required files. On my system, it looks like a/c using that taxiway better have floats.

So, what's the problem?

Don
  13. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    I don't know what the problem is...(well at least what is causing it)

the problem is that the AI doesnt show up when I go to the airport.

oh yeah...lol...I noticed that the other day..(about the taxiway on the river) what polygon in ADE will fix this?
  14. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    I guess I misinterpreted your statement that ATC worked.

Have you scanned all your FSX-"visible" folders with AIFP to make sure there are no FS9 traffic files interfering? The traffic you are seeing at other airports might be the result of a FS9 traffic file.

What does Traffic Explorer tell you about the state of the AI?

We know the AI works at the other airports and we know that the stock AI works at KLBG on my system. So, this means the traffic file is fine. And, it also means that the new airport as it was installed on my system is also fine. Does the stock AI (e.g., FPs 20 and 32) work for you as well. If not, then there would seem to be something peculiar about the way your new airport is installed on your system.

Let's try and eliminate everything but the basics. Create a new scenery folder and in it put only the KLBG airport afcad bgl and the new traffic file. Disable all other add-on scenery and all the traffic files in your FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder. What happens now? If it works, then you know its something else causing the problem. Just enable things one at a time to see what it is. If it doesn't work, ... we'll worry about that tomorrow.

Don
  15. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    I haven't had Fs9 ever installed on my computer because I just got it for Christmas...I always uncheck the FS9 box...

I'm at school right now so I will try when I get home
  16. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    What Don means is that all WOAI traffic bgls are FS9 style. If you install them "as is", than no FSX style flightplans will show. All it takes is one FS9 plan to have that happen. You can write a proper FSX plan but it will not work because of the FS9 plan that is already installed. WOAI traffic bgls should be converted to FSX type. Don does not have any FS9 type FPs in his FSX installation, and your files work for him.

Bob
  17. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks Bobbyjack. I have just confirmed that the WoAI installer still installs FS9 traffic files even if you tell it you want to install for FSX.

Michael, use AIFP to identify the FS9 traffic files in your FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder (and anywhere else you have ever installed traffic files). Disable those files and your new traffic should work. You can convert those that you wish to keep. But you'll want to delete the one that you used to add your new traffic at KLBH.

Don
  18. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    trust me...they arent installed in FS9 format...

when you install the flight plans, you have to show the installer package where the FS folder is and if it is checked as FS9, I would have to find it on my laptop, which fs9 isnt installed on...

the WoAI plans actually work at places like KRDU and others...
  19. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Michael, rather than arguing, why don't you run the AIFP "Find FS9 files" on your Scenery\World\Scenery folder and see what you get.

Don
  20. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Michael

Yes, WOAI plans will work in FSX. But they are FS9 plans and cancel out any made for FSX plans. I suppose you could compile your new FPs for FS9 and they would work also. But it is not really proper.

Bob
    Last edited: 18/3/09