1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using ModelConverterX to convert FS9 Models to P3D v4

Discussion in 'Prepar3D' started by kv0i, 11 Aug 2017.

1. kv0i

kv0i

us-nebraska
    I have been converting several of my old FS9 Models to P3dV4 using the Model Import/Export function in the development ModelConvertX version. The models convert fine for the most part except most of the control surfaces do not show. Sometimes I see strange items attached to the aircraft. Also propellers show but do not rotate. I tried using the Animation Tweaker to fix but am having no luck. However, I can get doors and canopies to open using Shift E. I am a total novice working with these model files and hope some one can assist.

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Animations have to be manually updated to the right type. They are not automatically mapped. That's something I hope to add in the future.

Also not all parts of FS2004 aircraft load correctly in MCX, so that might also be a reason you loose parts.

3. kv0i

kv0i

us-nebraska

Thanks Arno,

Is there a way to manually map with MCX? Will be looking forward for the update in the future. Your tool is great since I can use a some of my old FS9 Aircraft that I really like.

Thanks again,

Bill

4. arno

netherlands
    In the animation editor you can assign the correct animation type for each animation.

5. kv0i

kv0i

us-nebraska
    I will give that a try

6. kv0i

kv0i

us-nebraska
    I have tried to assign the animation type for a propeller on a single engine aircraft but having no luck. I must be doing something wrong in the Animation Editor. When I export it from FS9 to P3d V4 I see in the compiler output animation for gear and canopy but none of the propellor animation types I assigned with the editor.

7. Wood

Wood

canada
    Is there any documentation that describes exactly how to do this. Thank you in advance.

Wood

8. arno

netherlands
  9. kv0i

kv0i

us-nebraska
    I am still struggling to get the Propeller animation working with MCX using the Animation Editor. Let me describe the process I am using and please let me know what I am doing wrong.

1. I select Import navigate to the Alphasim P51 Mustang in the FS9 Aircraft Folder. I t then appears in MCX with all animation working when i select the play button.

2. I bring up Animation Editor.

3. I press Select None.

4. I Select Prop0_blurred len=100 in edit box beside the Assign animation type.

5. I Press the Assign animation type button. However it is not added to the list.

6. I Export the model to the P51 in the Prepar3D V4 Model Folder.

7. I check the event log and the Prop0 blurred appears in the log.

8. I start P3D select the P51 Aircraft but the Propeller is still not rotating or blurred.

Can you tell from this what I am doing wrong.

Bill

10. =rk=

=rk=

us-washington
    1. I select Import navigate to the Alphasim P51 Mustang in the FS9 Aircraft Folder. I t then appears in MCX with all animation working when i select the play button.

2. I bring up Animation Editor.

3. I press Select None.

3.5 Select the tickbox that represents the modeled animation that will be assigned the Prop0_blurred animation tag that begins to play when the animation slider is advanced.

4. I Select Prop0_blurred len=100 in edit box beside the Assign animation type.

5. I Press the Assign animation type button. However it is not added to the list.

6. I Export the model to the P51 in the Prepar3D V4 Model Folder.

11. kv0i

kv0i

us-nebraska
    Hi Rick,

Thanks for the information. I tried 3.5 several times and still no rotation of the prop after export.

12. Essex

Essex

unitedkingdom
    The thing to do is try a different mustang model.
    Also be aware that you'll still have the prop disc to deal with.