• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

V/S Bug to zero event

Country
germany
I use C# and simConnect to be notified about autopilot events.
Everything works fine, for instance if i manipulate the V/S knob
in the simulator (and V/S bug changes its position), my program
received the KEY_AP_VS_VAR_INC/DEC events correctly.

But when the plane reaches the desired altitude and the simulator
automatically sets the V/S bug to zero, i didn't get any event.

Additional to KEY_AP_VS_VAR_INC and KEY_AP_VS_VAR_DEC i tried to register KEY_AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, KEY_AP_VS_VAR_SET_METRIC, KEY_VSI_BUG_SELECT, but that doesn't help.

So my question is, which event is fired when the simulator automatically
sets the V/S bug to zero.

(Please apologize my bad English)

Achim

Country
germany
You would most likely have to poll for the value of "AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR" (feet per minute) to get the current setting, according to the documentation.

Country
germany
Yes, polling works.
But i use the INC/DEC events to be notified, that something changed.
For instance if i receive KEY_HEADING_BUG_INC/DEC event, i poll the value for
heading "AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR". In the same way, if i receive a
KEY_AP_VS_VAR_INC/DEC event, i poll "AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR"
to get the V/S value.
I thought, this would be the right way, but when not all value changes are
signaled by an event, i must poll the value.

Thanks a lot

Achim

Country
germany
I agree that it would be nice if tagged data logic would have been available in managed SimConnect. Would make some things way more efficient than polling for that stuff.