1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V1.20 Add Select Box?

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by boleyd, 30/3/08.

1. boleyd

boleyd

us-pennsylvania
    Can a select box be added for multiple selections at one go? Some airports are so far off that there is a need to simply dump a many items and redraw.

AND Thanks for the new update. Big step forward!

Dick near 5G8
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Hi Dick - are you referring to rubber banding a selection and then moving any objects inside the box? If so it is on the list to be done :)
  3. boleyd

boleyd

us-pennsylvania
    Yes, a sizable box that is common in today's applications to select elements for actions - move, delete, resize, etc.
  4. scruffyduck

wales
    OK that is on the current development list
  5. jvile

jvile

Dick

If a airport is not where it should be and a move of the airport is performed this will destroy most of what we refer to as the unseen approach scenery.

The easiest airport to move is one that has NO Approach code embedded in the XML. However just because a airport does not have a ILS it may have many other type approaches with related Waypoints.

If you are moving a airport please check first for any type approaches. If approaches exist and you need help with moving the correct waypoints don't hesitate for assistance.

In a future release Jon will allow us to capture just the waypoints and when one is moved all will move so the relationship of T_waypoints to the runway will be consistant.
  6. boleyd

boleyd

us-pennsylvania
    Good point. I am messing with Dreamscapes 30cm Oahu and seeing if I can use the "natural" airports without artificial surfaces. However, given the nature of the hi-res scenery the jet waypoints and ILS's have not come into play. My plane of choice is a modified Cessna given the very attractive scenery.

An encompassing "move an airport" function is sorely needed since only major facilities seem to be accurate when using photo scenery.

Dick near 5G8
  7. scruffyduck

wales
    To do it right including re-linking any/all approaches waypoints and so on is, I think, a complex task. Our general view is that providing a 'move the elements'only solution to shifting an airport is unsatisfactory.