1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Various New Zealand Shots- High Res Data

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Timmo, 20/7/07.

1. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    Hi Guys
    Just thought id showcase some scenery stuff ive been working on :)
    Mount Tarawera
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whale Island
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whakatane (My home town)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. RojanTrojan

RojanTrojan

unitedkingdom
    Blimey!

That's fantastic work.

Rhydian
  3. Brother23

Brother23

germany
    Wow!

That is first time a landscape in a simulator what deserve its name.

Almost like real!

WOW

Get on and get first place dude!
  4. Aero Files

Aero Files

denmark
    Wow

What will this product cost?
    Or is it freeware?

Nice scenery by the way ;)
  5. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    This will be freeware if its released.....a lot of it uses very expensive data which, as you can imagine, my superiors arent really keen to give away :eek:
    I use FSX as part of my work for 3D Visualisations etc...it gives better results than products costing hundreds of times the price of FSX (i.e. ArcGlobe)

I will be releasing the Mount Tarawera scenery though- This will include a 5m mesh from Lidar data (5m mesh has been desampled for FSX- the source data is accurate to within centimetres and has a 1m pixel resolution)
  6. spotlope

spotlope FSDevConf team

unitedstates
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! What more can I say? I hope your superiors decide to let you use the data, 'cause it makes for a stunning bit of photoscenery. I'd spend a whole lot more time in NZ if it looked like that in FS. :)
  7. Tim_A

Tim_A

england
    Have you got the little statue (forgot what it's called) on the harbour entrance? I had a flight to White Island from Whakatane last year, in ZK-EJY; it was absolutely fantastic!

If your bosses don't let you release, it'll be a tragedy of epic proportions (okay, maybe not, but...). Go Bay of Plenty District Council, yay!
  8. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    Wairaka? (Lady on the Rock)...no i havent got that....yet. Im in the process of making Whakatane Airport and township and would like to include that :)...so much to do, so little time!

EJY is the aircraft I train in :) You can get a repaint for the default C172 from www.flightsim.co.nz and search Avsim for my name (Tim Barnes) to download the White Island photoreal scenery :)

Both are for FSX only.