1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VB.net example in SP1 of SDK

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by pdgnr, 8/12/06.

1. pdgnr

pdgnr

france
    Good day all,
    I downloaded the SP1 for the SDK and tried the VB.net example.

I added the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect to the references and it built ok, but claims that it cannot load MS.FS.Simconnect when trying to launch it...

I loaded the same example for C# in visual C# and got the same result... Built OK, but unhandled exception when trying to start: cannot load ms...Simconnect.

I am not familiar with VB and VC#. Am I missing something somewhere :confused: ?

Best regards,

Robert
  2. rhumbaflappy

rhumbaflappy Moderator Staff Member Resource contributor

us-wisconsin
    Hi Robert.

I use the Microsoft Express editions of both VB.NET and C#.

The sources from the SDK both load and compile as is... I did rename the associated "bin" folder to "bin_old" to make sure a new bin set was created. ( It was ).

You don't need to load or alter anything in those examples.

The file "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect" is automatically installed to the "GAC" by the SDK install ( and possibly after the "ConfigSDK.exe" program in the SDK's root folder ).

Likewise, the "SimConnect.dll" is copied to your C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\ folder automatically.

Dick
    Last edited: 8/12/06
  3. ziporama

ziporama

unitedstates
    Have you run the updated simconnect.msi to install the DLLs on your development computer?
  4. pdgnr

pdgnr

france
    Thanks for your answers...

After reading your posts I begin to suspect my installation. I moved to a second computer, and on this one that works.
    I don't understand why it doesn't work on the first one. I have not enough knowledge about .net things and microsoft environment. I used Borland CBuilder till now and I just begin to look to .net with the free products of MS (by the way, thanks Mr Gates!).

Many things look mysterious for me in the syntax, and I presume I'll need help from times in times...! :eek:

Best regards,

Robert
  5. jcboliveira

jcboliveira

portugal
  6. pdgnr

pdgnr

france
    Hi josé,
    thanks for this two usefull links... They are saved for reading ans re-reading...

By the way, do you know a good tutorial on how to use unmanaged dll with managed code ?

regards,

Robert
  7. Javier

Javier

spain
  8. Javier

Javier

spain
    The bible: http://www.pinvoke.net/

Best Regards,
    Javier.
  9. pdgnr

pdgnr

france
    Thanks Javier...
    I go immediatly :) !

Regards,

Robert
  10. DocMoriarty

DocMoriarty

germany
    What i found about this is, that SimConnect seems to install wrong at times. To solve this problem, you need to remove it from the GAC (Global Assembly Cra ... umm Cache) and then rerun the FSX installation (not sdk) in repair mode so that it gets fixed.

This is the GAC Folder where SimConnect should be installed:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9
  11. pdgnr

pdgnr

france
    Thanks for this usefull information Doc...

Regards,

Robert