1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

version 0.81..... no joy!!!

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by toposky, 5/8/05.

1. toposky

toposky

italy
    :scratchch sorry if I bother you Arno, but I installed the new version of ObPlacer Xml and when I run the exe the program crashes with the classic error msg "ObPlacer XML has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    "AppName: obplacer_xml.exe AppVer: 0.81.0.28 ModName: msvbvm60.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.97.82 Offset: 000cb239"
    I'm working with Win XP pro SP2, ATI Catalyst 5.7 and the previous version (that incidentally was overwritten before testing the new one :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ) worked perfectly.......
    Could you please help me? :( :(
    Thanks

toposky
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Did you use the installer version or did you use the ZIP version and just placed the new EXE over your old ObPlacer XML EXE?
  3. toposky

toposky

italy
    the sequence was:
    1) downloaded the full exe (with runtime) and installed over the old one.... I know, bad thing to do but.... I did :(
    not working
    2) unistalled via uninstaller then reinstalled again
    not working
    3) downloaded the version without runtime and installed after uninstall
    not working
    4) downloaded the zip version (not usefull becouse I do not have the old version anymore), the vb6runtime from microsoft and did all the process again but with same results

If you are so kindly to send me the old version (0.80) I will see if is a problem due to the exe or the pc itself (I guess the second one because nobody else has noticed problem like this)

Thanks again for your patience and for your great tools

toposky
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

Can you drop me an email? Then I will sent you the old version (do you want the full installer or the zip file)? We can then also try to fix your problem with the new version.
  5. toposky

toposky

italy
    my fault

Arno,
    I have to debugg my head instead of your tool that is working perfectly!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
    I made two big mistake, the first was to assume that I was working with the 0.80 and, second, I didn't check the MW dll.
    Thanks for the great support!!!!! :) :) :)
  6. arno

netherlands
    That is good to hear :).

But when you say you did not check the MW DLL files, do you mean that after installing these DLLs the crash went away?

In that case my code that checks if these files are there might not be fully perfect :D.
  7. mtom

mtom

australia
    Hi Arno.

Thought I'd report that I just made the same mistake and got the same fatal error.

Cheers,
    Matthew.
  8. banstine

banstine

unitedstates
    Hey - me too!

Hi guys - new kid on the block here - I just installed version 0.81.28 and got grief when I ran for the first time - found I had NOT ever installed the MW dlls either. Installed them - problem goes away.

THanks for the fix for this

Bob
  9. banstine

banstine

unitedstates
    Me too - again

Back again. I have installed the MW Dll set and now the Object Placer will run, but how do I get to see the Generic Buildings? There does NOT seem to be any one home there. What have I left out or what am I missing about this?

Please, some help here - and thanks.

Bob
  10. arno

netherlands
    Hi Bob,

The preview should be visible once you have added GenericBuilding to your object list. It then changes as you change the parameters of the object.
  11. faosfx

faosfx

unitedstates
    Im getting the ObPlacer XML has encountered an error and I have the MW dlls installed and the new version. It used to work at first but tonight when attempting to use it...it gives me this message over and over no matter what I do.
  12. faosfx

faosfx

unitedstates
    Ah nevermind. I re-installed ObPlacer XML and now the problem has gone away. However, i've seen this trend in programs and I am sure I will see the error again some time in the future. If it becomes to frequent, i'll let you guys know.