1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vertex Breakage and MDL export

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by hcornea, 17/1/10.

1. hcornea

hcornea Resource contributor

australia
    Arno,

I am given to understand that vertices become unwelded when a mdl is exported as a 3ds mesh back into (say) Gmax.

If a library bgl is batch processed directly to FSX mdl format (in this case to strip out the /xanim flags) will that result in an increased number of vertices / tverts?

I am hoping it is just the 3ds export that breaks the vertex welding, not processing in ModelconverterX itself.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

When exporting as MDL file the vertices are for sure welded. I would have to check why that does not happen with the 3DS exporter.
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I just checked the 3DS exporter to check. In the exporter vertices are welded. So it seems that it might be GMax that is undoing this process when importing the 3DS file.
  4. hcornea

hcornea Resource contributor

australia
    Thanks for checking Arno ... actually on the odd occasion where I have had to do this (usually to rescue a model after source file corruption, it has usually been a simple matter of selecting the appropriate vertices and welding them.

Once again, thanks so much for your work on this tool.