1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Virtual Cockpit current Zoom, X, Y, Z, P, B, H, values

Discussion in 'Other' started by jfrench, 29/8/10.

1. jfrench

jfrench

us-california
    Hi,

I'd like to add some virtual cockpit camera definitions to an aircraft.cfg and would like to know if anyone knows of a way to determine the current view values.
    I've added cameras previously but did it by creating a spreadsheet with the zoom, x, y, z, p, b, and h values. The initial value was my best guess and then I would modify each value until I got the definition I was looking for. This worked well but it was time consuming and tedious.
    I seem to recall a program that was supposed to create a camera definition automatically but I believe I had a problem with it. It seems as though it was originally in German and I may not have followed the directions properly. In any event I'd like to know how, after moving the view position using the keyboard and hat switch, to determine the current values myself.

Jim F.

As Emily Litella would say "Never mind."
    Last edited: 29/8/10
  2. jfrench

jfrench

us-california
    Hi,

I just found what I was looking for in this site's Wiki. Hopefully I'm not wasting anyone's time responding to my post. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it looks simple enough.

Jim F,
  3. jfrench

jfrench

us-california
    Hi,

Well, I followed the procedure outlined in the Wiki and it went fairly well. The only error I noted was that the sign of the Pitch value had to be reversed. I had adjusted the pitch upward and failed to note that the value in the PLN was positive. I knew from previous experience that the cameras pitch value for an upward view was negative. Simply reversing the sign corrected it.
    I'm going to create several more VC cameras and I intend to copy one sample camera definition contained in the Wiki for each into the aircraft.cfg. I'll assign a different number, name and GUID for each and then within FS select each camera by name, set the desired view for each, save the FLT and then modify the CFG by GUID accordingly.
    If I discover any problems with this procedure I'll update here.

Jim F.
  4. jfrench

jfrench

us-california
    Hi once more,

The procedure in the Wiki works fine and is correct. I must have missed the negative sign for the Pitch value on my original run through. I probably should use a larger font in Notepad.

Jim F.