• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS)

Country
indonesia
Hey, i saw some scenery uses vdgs for their parking such as imaginesim,etc.

I currently working to develop an airport with vdgs system installed , anyone can show/teach me how to make it?

Ive saw a thread about this but i did not know much about fs2004sdk and how to use it... Thanks!!! <3

Country
norway
GSX has this Integrated and you can configure Your own scenery for it. The user manual also describes the possibility for distributing Your own scenery With GSX configuration.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I see no evidence that GSX includes VDGS. The only actual reference I could search referred to the GSX marshaller being inactive because the airport had VDGS at that particular gate. It does not seem consistent that GSX software would somehow know where to place the VDGS module. All airports have tarmac for marshallers, however all airports are different in size and shape making the placement of VDGS unique for each gate. Additionally GSX is payware and any users of scenery that is configured for GSX will also have to purchase the product in order to see it.

SODE is free and here is a picture of the modules.

compilation-png.31059

Country
norway
Hi Rick

As you state, GSX must be purchased. By the person making scenery and end user to have it working. The SODE module is installed together With GSX. I purchased this just a few days ago and I can position the various VDGS Devices anywhere I like. See a couple screenshots below. GSX has a tool to position the VDGS Devices where you want to have them. Works pretty well so far. Only installed on two parkings at the moment. Will put on building walls when I am done With the model I am currently working on.

y4mYM9A2jJg3yVfCMpbV6Q2zDDxjjOWtM3TZF8Otc-EFyRk2BsaVnrdwS4QsRRlY7wxhSgYLmkaaXrlMM7jrIgcHKH1UVJpToyIa9FkI0Alm-VXzofkT56UZvjL4v8Mfzs0HEEVjBpvdQpZb_yz-bCWlFAD-dBJnpZEyml5sh37mZlR44_mo_3lKAsk5Qp61S8H8FVIXycITRSQYdhxWRnkzw

y4mthgZzH74H3V1M7hK2coUo5GdL0QxQK1tbA3gj6dtuusPWW0Tfqh_MSQh93cBD7isFlXm4ASVbAU7sMJOXtvKdN_huysrEG4pIkzZu3b9VhL5N1L121Xcq-TUoK9SjEW_Ljj3ze7oePzJyMxdSUwhxckk4XLtKmeoO3IvzVHq1aFZ7h1Epu80hXl4EyQ1OL0BtFGnRXBzhsKDjH9X3qU5dA

y4mmzMbY3AXzxveHBfcXmHougVhwM93o0DWvZ64NyGteQMElk9eNZrJByx9tLj88Amdf4VpCQ0H5Ie0_N3xkY-9sErZV00yv-VbteeEWcRHc6KHlIL7c_UYZFs_hrY6kTy12yQ7WGCi6-S9-hen0CxDSqsBZNdmlohwhYxmdyaO_I5EePCcttPbyNZoFrJAFRnMmpRBBw1_J1ujey0p_sQplg

y4m_05jOb3LrEuvekiF12VQ7bKgD7g1sxtXZYgB8pbg67KRlEyvB-NHHBHEsOZzfhUzyUbQvOCKEqgvsYViVI8LuAbj4A6UFBTHsZaHVat3-mf97CsWO4wEVt9Eoh6t8r63KFFXo5DKM5BNq_CwQ2zorejr3pFmmQp2fTD05DhqsjgRG19LyxGG2JnLIby8ZdgtJneK-O4l-tqBY4s19ibwXw

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
SODE is developed and available independent of GSX. However the VDGS portion is apparently not free.
Visual Docking Guidance Systems:

As you know, SODE is developed as 'donationware' and I want to thank all donators for their contributions. Unfortunately, the SODE project has grown really big now with multiple companies using the module in their products. This also increases support time for me and some pressure to keep SODE up-to-date and bug-free. I have invested a lot of my 'hobby-time' into SODE and the returns from donations (for info: they did not surpass the triple-digit-mark) do not cover the expenses I have made so far for SODE (buying new Prepar3Dv3 to add support for that platform, website hosting cost).
That's why I decided not to give away the VDGS I have created for free, but to sell them as a separate commercial add-on. The distribution channel is still to be chosen and the price is not yet set, but it will be a small amount.

They are very complex SimObjects and simulate their real-world counterparts very closely! Also, SODE's VDGS logic is very sophisticated, e.g. supporting multiple stop positions for various aircraft types for each parking stand.
So far, I have modelled Safegate's SafeDock T2 and FMT's APIS++ VDGS:
They are modelled in Blender and have ambient occlusion baked in and come with LODs. I will add the SafeDock T2S (I think this one has never been modeled for FS) and perhaps the T2's smaller version, the T3 for the first release.

Once you have purchased the VDGS pack, they are available/visible at all airports that have VDGS implemented by the add-on developer.

Best regards,
Jeffrey
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/v1-5-1-released.430590/

Country
newzealand
Hi Rick

As you state, GSX must be purchased. By the person making scenery and end user to have it working. The SODE module is installed together With GSX. I purchased this just a few days ago and I can position the various VDGS Devices anywhere I like. See a couple screenshots below. GSX has a tool to position the VDGS Devices where you want to have them. Works pretty well so far. Only installed on two parkings at the moment. Will put on building walls when I am done With the model I am currently working on.
How did you get the parking system option? Did you purchase a developer licence with GSX or something?

Edit: v2.0 has this option. Download the full installer.

Last edited: