1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VTCC Chaing Mai, Thailand - Photoreal Exxxtreme Professional Version

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Shakakoz, 5/4/06.

1. Shakakoz

Shakakoz

ca-britishcolumbia
    I've been updating my old Chiang Mai scenery to FS2004 standards (XML vs. FSDS2). The biggest difference is that I used the custom ground texture for the airport (FS2002 style). Otherwise, I updated all the objects IAW the current SDK, improved the textures and added a lot of detail. I reused about 25% of the buildings, and the rest I just did over. It's almost ready, and I'm really just fine tuning it now. I still have to fix the ground textures to get the lines out.

Some of the shots were taken at a slightly earlier stage of development, but you get the idea. Some of the ground textures don't look great, but they have already been fixed up and "blended" a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course, I got lots of help from this site, as always. I don't know what I would do without you guys teaching me "The Craft". Also, I found that GoogleEarth was a useful tool for placing buildings, rivers, roads, etc. It should be up on AVSIM in a couple weeks or so.

- Martin