1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to test the latest beta?

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by arno, 17/11/08.

1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Now that the releases of ModelConverterX are becoming more stable, I am looking for a new way of testing the new releases. I don't think it is a good idea to dump the "beta" here on the forum, as it might contain some bugs that make it less stable than the latest official release.

Therefore I have setup a special beta testers group. Everybody is free to join it (under the following conditions):

• You are not afraid to try the latest build, although it might have some nasty bugs
    • You are willing to report back your experiences so that I can improve the tool

I do not expect the beta tester to fully try to break each new build with all the objects they have (although I would not mind if you did :)). If you want to join and get access to the latest build use this link and request to join.

I am looking forward to get some testers to make the next release very stable on release.
  2. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

As a user of your excellent program since day one I had hoped to join in with testing your latest version and followed the link you provided a couple of days ago but I have not had any response so far, one way or the other.

Iain
  3. arno

netherlands
    Hi Iain,

I was in London the last two evenings, as I visited the ESP conference there. So that is why I did not review the requests. I have done so now, so you should see a new subforum here now for the latest beta.
  4. gianp

gianp

italy
    Yes, I do!

Sign-in, thanks!
  5. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

Yes, I have the new version now installed, thanks.

Iain
  6. gary20

gary20

canada
    Thanks Arno

Will load this up tonight and take it for a spin.
    Looking forward to trying it out and glad to be able to be a beta tester for you.

Gary
  7. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye

Hi Arno,

I signing-in. I'm really glad to test the new features of your tool.

but how to access to the beta version ? It need your approval

regards,
    David
  8. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

Yes, they are moderated. I forgot to check for a few days. You should see a subforum here now for the beta.
  9. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye

it's ok, I see the forum.

thanks a lot Arno
  10. arno

netherlands
    Thanks to everybody who helped testing. I am now closing the beta group, as I will make the development builds public. So everybody can use the latest beta version if he wants.