1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA Weekly flightplan V1.6.33

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Golf-HotelDelta, 13/7/10.

1. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    Hi Don,

This is the first time I have used AIFP to create an FP from scratch. I created the first day's flight of a weekly FP, as each leg was added, AIFP suggested a departure time which I accepted. At the end of that day, I saved and compiled and the results seemed fine.

[​IMG]

However, I then opened the file and started to add legs for the second day. For the first flight I set the departure time to 07:35 on Tuesday and it calculated an arrival time of 08:05

[​IMG]

I then attempted to add a second leg, but the suggested departure time became 07:25 (ie. before the arrival, and in fact before the previous departure time :eek: )

[​IMG]

Will AIFP not suggest reasonable departure times when adding legs to an existing FP?
  2. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    It appears that the suggested time is one hour off.
    Last edited: 13/7/10
  3. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    OK, I created the FP with Monday's and Tuesday's flights. It compiled and the aircraft flew as expected.

I then created the other five days flights, but the aircraft doesn't appear in FSX.

Both AIFP and TTools are able to compile the FP without error.

The flightplan uses 7 airports, all of which have been modified to provide at least one parking spot of the correct size.

If I create simple 2 hour repeats with the same aircraft doing an IFR circuit, at each of the airports they all work.

Does anyone have any idea why the weekly flightplan doesn't show up?
  4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    George

Doesn't appear at all or just for the other five days? Could another AI plane have snuck in and took your parking spot? Perhaps try a FP that only uses two airports a day to try and track down what happened.

Good luck

Bob
  5. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    It doesn't appear at all :eek:

As I said, I can run a flightplan with flights at all airports and this works. If I remove that flightplan and load the weekly one, it doesn't show at all.

This is TTB showing the seven separate legs

[​IMG]

I have attached both flightplans, Traffic_OK contains the seven separate plans shown above, Traffic_Orkneys contains the weekly plan
    Last edited: 28/10/10
  6. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    George, there is no intentional reason why AIFP doesn't suggest valid depature times for weekly FPs. Obviously, there's a bug in there which I'll attempt to find. (While I can't see the early flight plans on Monday fom your screen shots, I suspect AIFP is "keying" off one of them.) It will be fixed.

Re the missing aircraft, have you tried comparing a decompiled traffic file with the original FP? If they're not the same (within a minute or two), the cause is likely something in AIFP. If they are the same, it's most likely due to some situation encountered by the sim. I'll take a look for anything amiss in your traffic file as well - but it will likely be a couiple of days before I have an answer for you.

Don
  7. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    Thanks Don,

I think the time problem is because the local time is one hour before Zulu.

Regarding the non-show, I will edit the FP such that each day is in a separate file set.
  8. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    I extracted each day's flights into separate files and compiled each separately.

Of course, I couldn't have them all active at the same time since there is really only one aircraft and there wouldn't be sufficient parking for seven aircraft at any of the airfields.

Well, by activating each FP separately, they all show :D

When the combined file is active, nothing shows :mad:

Do you think I may have hit a limit on the number of legs in a flightplan? In the combined FP there are 119 legs.
  9. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    I hope you're right. That will make it easy to fix.

FS does impose a limit - 100 I recall. AIFP will process as many legs as you specify, but it should have warned you that you had too many legs. Do you have warnings suppressed? If not, I'll have to investigate why you weren't advised.

Don
  10. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    Yes Don, I do have warnings supressed :eek:

Since I have two parking spots at the hub airport, I can split the flightplan such that one aircraft flies during the week and another at the weekend.
  11. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    Splitting the planss worked. The only problem is that I have one aircraft sitting on the ground at weekends and the other sitting on the ground on weekdays.

[​IMG]

BTW. Is there an easy way within AIFP to combine two flightplans into one?

I deleted the weekend flights and saved as week, reloaded the files, deleted the weekday flights and saved as weekend.

The only way I could find to combine the two was to make a new flightplans.txt and copy both the weekend and week flightplans, then load this as a new set into AIFP.

Note. The predicted next start time is one hour out if one creates a flightplan in the UK in Summer.
  12. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    You should be able to do this by appending the weekend flight plan file to the weekday file or vice versa - assuming the aircraft and airport data is identical for both.
    Don

EDIT: Or use the AIFP file/merge function.
    Last edited: 14/7/10
  13. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    I cannot find an "Append" function, and "Merge" merges the two files into one which was where I started :confused:
  14. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    By append, I meant simply, using a text editor, add one flight plan file at the end of the other.

From your earlier posts, when you started, you had one flight plan with 100+ legs. After the merge, you'll still have two flight plans - as you do now, but in two separate files.

The two actions are equivalent; pick one.

Don
  15. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    Thanks Don,

I did use your method 1 ;)

Using "Merge", it did exactly that, it merged the two flightplans into one with 119 legs, not two separate FPs in one file.
  16. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    What a smart system!!!

It's been so long since I've looked at that feature, I guess I forgot exactly what it did. A manual append should do what you want, however.
    Don