1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Bugs in VB8 Prof/SP1 w/SimConnect

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by DocMoriarty, 3/2/07.

1. DocMoriarty

DocMoriarty

germany
    Meanwhile i've found several weird bugs using VB8/VS8 Professional w/SP1

Here a screenshot while debugging some code. If you look at the yellow line that shows the current position in code and look at the fly over window that tells the contents of the "throwEx" variable then you'll see what i mean: Evaluation of the condition is wrong.

I have the suspicion that this is caused by severe pointer bugs in SimConnect which causes the process memory to be corrupted. I couldn't reproduce this phenomenon in a small test project, but i have at least one more case where something like that happens in FSCareer.

The error doesn't happen in the release version of FSCareer but that says nothing since the corrupted memory just shifts to another location in memory which might produce other random bugs that i didn't discover yet.

Anyone here with similar observations?

Attached Files:

2. theisomizer

theisomizer

us-texas
    Believe me, you're not the only one to have problems. I've messed around with managed simconnect using both C# (which I'm terrible at) and VB.net (which I'm great at) and Ive found more oddities than I can count on my fingers.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the CLR interface, which would explain it's oddities with all of the managed languages. If I were you, I would try it in C++ just to see if it is a .net thing.

Here's to hoping the next simconnect is bug-free!

Sean