1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will new simobjects folders work with AIFP?

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by duckbilled, 17/11/09.

1. duckbilled

duckbilled

us-michigan
    Hello,

I am converting WOFAI cargo schedules to compliment UT2. I am installing them from scratch. I had this vision of creating a simobjects\wofaicargo folder so that I could keep all of the cargo separate from pax aircraft because I like to modify the radius to assure cargo doesn't appear at gates (yes, I know I can assign the "cargo" parking type but that doesn't always seem to work). If I keep them separate, I could create the folder simobjects\wofaipax for additional passenger traffic. I know this will take a lot more drive space but I can live with that. I'd rather have the wofai installer install the aircraft than doing it manually.

Anyway, I noticed that the AIPF manual states:

"Please note, however, that converting compiled-for-FS9 AI for use with FSX
    involves more than simply converting the traffic file. In addition:
    • the required aircraft must be installed in the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes folder"

Does this mean that I can't move the aircraft to a different folder or is there something more I can do. I converted and installed the WofAI UPS package and there were no UPS aircraft at SDF. It looks like the default "AFCAD" does have enough parking to display at least a few of them. I did add the path for the simobjects\wofaicaro to the FSX.cfg.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    You can have as many Airplane type folders in the Sim Objects folder as you like. They must have different names and must also be listed in the FSX cfg.

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
    SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
    SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
    SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
    SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
    SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
    SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Planes

I have two folders with airplanes.

Bob
  3. duckbilled

duckbilled

us-michigan
    Thanks. I got everything working. The traffic not appearing was a mistake on my part. I forgot to delete the WofAI FS9 bgl's from the scenery folder after converting to FSX which meant I was running FS9 and FSX bgls at the same time.

Here is what I have so far for simobjects folders (all running well):

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
    SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
    SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
    SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
    SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
    SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
    SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
    SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\wofaicargo
    SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\wofaiother

I'll probably have 12-15 once I add in Russian traffic, MAIW and UGA. 6, 7 and 8 are about 11GB total right now. I know I'll end up with a lot of duplicate models but it seems like it is better to keep things organized this way. Load times are still really great but that may have more to do with my new Velociraptor than anything else.

-Jeff
  4. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    The purpose of that note as to remind inexperienced "simmers" that they must also move the auircraft into a folder seen by FSX. So long as the folder containing the aircraft is properly declared in the FSX.cfg file, name it as you like (but I didn't want to get into that in the manual, since I'd have been flooded with questions about modifying FSX.cfg.)

Sorry for any confudion,
    Don