1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Shade

Discussion in 'Other' started by tgycgijoes, 28/10/11.

1. tgycgijoes

tgycgijoes

us-northcarolina
    I am trying to make a window shade for my KC-10. I created a beautiful bitmap for it following a photo I downloaded of a real panel. I read about fs9view:view and tried to use this. I wrote the gauge in XML but my shade is opaque NOT transparent. I understand pure black 0.0.0 is transparent but the shade is supposed to be green. Anybody tell me how to do this?
  2. Aviasim

Aviasim

unitedkingdom
    instead of all black, try a grey-ish color.
  3. tgycgijoes

tgycgijoes

us-northcarolina
    Grey comes out grey

I have produced panels that are in reality black. In order NOT to be transparent you use shades of grey which become opaque not transparent. This is why I'm in a fog. Maybe there IS not way to do this. I haven't seen any panel that has a sun shade in green in the window. HUD's have clear glass that the info is projected onto. Thank you for the suggestion, though.
  4. Aviasim

Aviasim

unitedkingdom
    Hm, I don't understand exactley your problem.
  5. tgycgijoes

tgycgijoes

us-northcarolina
    Transparent Green Sunshade

I have drawn and created a bmp of a window shade. On the DC10 and KC10 aircraft the pilot and the copilot each have one. I want to have the outside scenery show through the window shade so that you can see to land if the sun is in your eyes. The window shade is in a panel window that can be called up by an icon or removed by the icon. Having it become visible is no problem it works just fine. The problem is that it is opaque not transparent. If I make it all black it becomes "invisible". I tried tints of green but it is just a lighter green but still opaque and no scenery is visible through it. Is there a way to get the scenery to show through it. My idea came from the Spirit of St. Louis periscope that was in a thread in another forum. Can you help me make it green and I guess the exact term would be translucent. I looked in the Panel SDK but I have yet to find that doc any help. BTW this is in FS2004 not FSX.

Signed
    Perplexed
    (Richard)
  6. Luka

Luka

yugoslavia
    Outside world in fs9 can not be shaded from the 2d panel, can only be a fully transparent or fully opaque, while shading affects only the 2d panels itself.