1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 /BGLC_9 compiler issue

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by Mr_Sloww, 15/4/12.

1. Mr_Sloww

Mr_Sloww

us-alabama
    I am working on a new computer with Win7 OS. Using Lionheart's unlimited poly method, when I try to compile a Fs9 aircraft by dropping the .asm file onto the BGLC_9 compiler. The black dos window pops up and immedieately minimizes or closes itself out. In Xp on my old machine the dos window stays up untill the .bgl is compiled. Can any one shed some light on this?

Carl
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Carl,

Most likely something is wrong in your ASM file. Maybe you should try to compile from the command prompt, instead of drag-and-drop. Then you can see the error message that BGLC_9 gives you.
  3. Mr_Sloww

Mr_Sloww

us-alabama
    Arno

Thanks! I will try that. I will regenerate the .asm file and see how that goes also.

Carl
  4. Mr_Sloww

Mr_Sloww

us-alabama
    Recompiling the .asm files in Win 7 seems to have fixed my problem. I guess 7 did not like the Xp compiled files. Thanks Arno!

Carl
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    The asm files have hardcoded paths in them. That's probably why out failed on a different machine.

But the error message at the command prompt will always tell you what goes wrong.