• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

[WIP]Bombardier Challenger 300

Country
us-newyork
Hey Everyone!, So I'm the new kid on the block and I thought I'd show you a bit of what I'm working on. I'm new to FSX Developing but not knew to programing, dealing with 3D Software and Photoshop, so with that I present to you the Bombardier challenger 300.

wip2.jpg

4-2.jpg

nose.jpg

The model at the current moment contains just about 60k polys, Animations and Interior have not been modeled (The difficult part is now cutting doors and windows threw the fuselage/wings). Ive done preliminary tests with the model in FS2004, Once out of the couple dozen times that I exported and converted did I get the model I made, every other time it looked like clay met the table saw. I have planed for work on a FSX Release first so I've been spending just about the last month reading as much in the SDK as I can. I hope you all enjoy it, Critiques are highly appreciated, Note that there has been more work done to the under body of the aircraft (re-adjustment of the winds under the fuselage). If anyone could point me in directions for Gauges, and creating advanced systems (FMS type gauges) that would be much appreciated!.

Thanks!

P.S Check out my blog for more in-detail info about the "WIP" and more renders.

Michael Espinal
3D Artist, Student Pilot
Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts 09'
WIP Info - www.michaelespinal.blogspot.com

Last edited:

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
It looks Stunning, Michael! And well within the normal polygon limits of FS. Looks like you're off to a great start in modeling sim planes.

Country
us-newyork
Thanks guys!, Still needs some more touch ups, the wing tips need to be modeled correctly, I need to add lights and cut the holes and windows/doors, make an interior/VC and redo the Fowler flap system, then will come painting, and finally the fun part. Creating Gauges for the system...that's when I'm in uncharted territory haha. More to come soon!

Country
us-kansas
Great model. Since I live in Wichita and fly for a living, I've seen a few of these moving around. You've done a great job. My only observation is that the cockpit windows seem a bit small. Other that that, I'm impressed.

Mike Eppright

Country
us-newyork
Great model. Since I live in Wichita and fly for a living, I've seen a few of these moving around. You've done a great job. My only observation is that the cockpit windows seem a bit small. Other that that, I'm impressed.

Mike Eppright

Thanks, I was trying to figure out why my nose looked odd, and I wasnt sure it was the shape!. New works comming soon!

Country
us-newyork
Annoyed with not knowing much about programing systems and gauges...I took a break to create something more simpler...

I think I'm going to finish this one first.

Cessna T303 Crusader

bored.jpg

Let me know what you think..

And if anyone can help or point me in a direction as far as programing I would greatly appreciate that!

Country
us-kansas

Michael,

303 Looks great. Plane details can be tough to get just right. Its hard to be too critical without more views but my first take is that twin Cessnas including the 303 have a more rounded and less flat top of cabin. What I was seeing in the attached photo was more like a Piper Seneca II or III. Pipers have historically been more boxy. Your doing good work though. Keep designing.

Country
us-newyork
Thanks for the reply!, Now that you've mentioned that I definitely noticed the boxed-shape. I wished you told me earlier I just converted the model from a meshsmooth/editpoly into a full edit poly haha so hopefully soft selection can help me out with that..

Here's an update on the 303, added landing lights, antennas and some other details

3-3.jpg

Country
us-newyork
Thanks. Ive got the model in game and sort of functioning...apparently it doesn't want to adhere to the laws of aerodynamics as far as the ailerons and elevators go. I still have to model the interior and animate/make doors/texture the model/.. this aircraft developing is alot more complex then I thought.

Country
us-newyork
Its been a while. After graduating high school and moving to new york city, I found some time to work on the model, here's what its looking like

Prev.jpg

Country
us-kansas
It appears to be coming along nicely. I've spent the last several weeks providing pilot service on a Hawker 800XP at Westchester County.

Mike

Country
unitedstates
Wow... looking very good.... You guys are waaaay above me with these... I never tried a/c and I wouldnt know where to start....

Looks really nice.... keep the screenies coming!!!!

Country
ca-quebec
Nice work

Hi Michael,

I like your work. Nice details on the model. We are currently looking for help to create a couple of aircraft. Would you be interested ? Of course, this is a paid job, and deadline are not tight.

Let me know. You can send me a mail here or on hotmail at viniblanco[at]hotmail.com.

Thanks
Vincent