• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Working FSX Planner with Microsoft ESP

Country
us-california
Hi guys

I'm an intern for a corporation, so instead of using FSX to do simulation work, Microsoft has us using the ESP platform (which is bascially FSX but for real non-gaming simulations).
...so the file paths are a little different, but they should be similar to FSX's.

I'm currently using FSX planner to try and change some of the airports around, but the problem is that the FSX planner won't allow me to compile my changes; the compiler output has the following displayed:

Parsing document: Dallas-Ft Worth Intl KDFW.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2424: COM FREQUENCY can be 118.000 to 136.992Mhz in 0.0083Mhz steps!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <Com>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <Airport
ERROR: country = United States
ERROR: state = Texas
ERROR: city = Dallas-Ft Worth
ERROR: name = Dallas-Ft Worth Intl
ERROR: lat = 32.89682786911726
ERROR: lon = -97.03799709677696
ERROR: alt = 185.013M
ERROR: magvar = -6.0
ERROR: ident = KDFW
ERROR: trafficScalar = 0.7
ERROR: airportTestRadius = 5000.0M
ERROR: <Com
ERROR: frequency = 135.92499
ERROR: type = ATIS
ERROR: name = KDFW
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

Can't copy BGL file into the destination folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ESP\1.0\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK\Dallas-Ft Worth Intl KDFW.BGL (The system cannot find the file specified)​

What do the errors mean?

All I changed for the airport was add a couple of taxiways.

Help please
Bogu

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The error means what it says

COM FREQUENCY can be 118.000 to 136.992Mhz in 0.0083Mhz steps!

ERROR: <Com
ERROR: frequency = 135.92499
ERROR: type = ATIS
ERROR: name = KDFW

This ATIS frequency you have for Airport Comms would appear to be invalid as it does not meet the requirement specified above.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The error mentions the COM frequency being wrong, so I would check the XML file to see what value you got defined in there.

Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Jon -
Could this be a decompilation error
as per those I'd identified related to coords ?

ATB
Paul

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Agreed - that could be - a decompile of the bgl to xml followed by a recompile and decompile might well change that number

Thanks for all the posts above. :) We'll look into this to see if it is a rounding error, or something else.

-Russell

Country
us-california
Hi guys...

Another quick question:

Can you select multiple objects in FsX Planner? For example: what I am trying to do is edit a majority of the existing taxiways (i.e. changing the surface type). But since I don't know how to select multiple objects, I have to go in and edit each one... one by one - very time consuming.

Is there a way to speed this up?

Also:

I edited the taxiways to have a centerline and have the CL lighted..
But when I run the program, the center line isn't lighted at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Right now you can't select multiple items. This ability will be included in the next version.

Regarding your lighted center line question - just to check, you are looking at the airport at night, correct? (Hopefully that's a stupid question. :) )

-Russell

Country
us-california
:)

Yes Russel...I set the simulator at night.
And I know I did because everything is pitch black except for the blinkers on my plane, and the runway center line/approach lights.

I set the taxiway centerlines lines as TRUE, but they're not lighted.
Help please?

PS: Just once again, I am technically not using FSX, beacuse since I'm working for industry, Microsoft has requested that we use Microsoft ESP (bascially the visual platform of FSX without the game component) - since we're not playing around but running real aeronautical simulations.
Could this affect the fact that taxiways are supposed to be lighted but are not?

And another question: when is the next version coming out? (I'm very excited)

I don't have any experience with ESP vs FSX. It could be possible that some things, such as center lights do behave differently in ESP than they do in FSX. The only way to test that would be to get a copy of both and see if there is a difference. In ESP do you fly a plane? If so is there a difference between it and FSX?

As for the next version, I assume you are referring to FSX Planner, it is in the works, but is taking longer than expected due to various items.

-Russell

Country
us-california
As far as I know, ESP and FSX are both the same thing.

Its just that ESP is the professional visual platorm used for industry... like FSX stripped of all the gaming options.

However, you can fly a plane of your choice at an airport of your choice.

Website is here: http://www.microsoft.com/esp/