1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XML_Sound3.dll forFSX

Discussion in 'Sound' started by blauberg, 6/2/10.

1. blauberg

blauberg

belgium
    I have used Doug Dawson's XML_Sound3.gau gauge quite successfully in my own panels, in 2D for FS9. I was able to have APU sounds with start and stops, looping for APU, airconditioners, all sorts of different click sounds, even airbus hudraulic sound, really great.
    When I load the same plane, with my custom panel in FSX it crashes because of the XML_Sound3 file. I renamed it .dll, to no avail.
    Without the XML_Sound3 file, the plane is loaded with no problem at all. And flies as usual.
    At the various forums I get conflicting info whether or not this file can be used in FSX. Someone seemed to have received a file from Doug himself, but that was back in 2007.
    I know that Doug Dawson no longer adds sound files for downloads, his V3 said it was the final one.
    I would really like to fly my customized planes (DC6 and B707) in FSX.

What to do??
  2. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Did you remember to place GaugeSound.dll in the ..\FSX root folder (where fsx.exe is located)?

Doug's gauge is really an XML=>C module, but it depends on GaugeSound.dll being available! :D
  3. blauberg

blauberg

belgium
    I scanned my computer, both FS9 and FSX for the GaugeSound.dll. But I never seem to have used such a file. Finally I found a 40kb file named GaugeSound.dll from 2004 (as part of Rob Barendregt's rcbpf-30 zip). I placed it right in the root directory of FSX.
    But FSX will not start up if I load a flight with my own panel, containing a dsd sound gauge.
    The Doug Dawson file is certainly the latest version, the GaugeSound.dll may be outdated. Up untill now I wasn't aware of it's existence. Sorry for my ignorance in these matters.