1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMLVars module updated to version 1.01

Discussion in 'Gauges' started by taguilo, 27/4/12.

1. taguilo

taguilo Resource contributor

argentina
    Available in Downloads section.

Includes a couple of minor changes commented in readme files.

Tom
  2. Joao Muas

Joao Muas

portugal
    Thanks for the update.
    As I understand, all data is saved in an internal database, which I believe, will be in the dll itself, right?
    Is there the possibility to read/write from an external text type config file?
  3. rpmc

rpmc

thailand
    Hi Joao,

How external? LOGGER and XMLVARs can be combined. Is that is what you mean, or are you talking about reading from one of the config files?

Bob
  4. taguilo

argentina
    Joao,

It's like Bob stated. I first thought of giving XMLVars file I/O capacity, but after evaluating other options currently released and proven to work very good, like LOGGER or Doug's file (.ini) handling gauge, I abandoned the idea and instead focused on keeping the module as small in size as possible, and also with a very specific meaning.

Tom
  5. Joao Muas

Joao Muas

portugal
    No, I just wanted to be shure XMLvars needed Logger or other application to store data "outside" the sim. I'm using LOGGER and XMLvars combined, but I'm having a crash and I believe it is one of them dlls, but I can't trace which one. I was trying to isolate one of them to sort it out. It started when I tried this test gauge, and also after I imported the code from this one to mine. I've put it down for a while, but recently I took it over again to try to fix it...
    Understood.
  6. rpmc

rpmc

thailand
    Could be LOGGER v1.0 which you have, but of course I'm not sure.

Robbie will be uploading 1.05 that changes how LOGGER handles issues when a file is called that does not exist. He's had a busy semester and not gotten around to the upload -- not until after graduation in a few weeks. In the meantime, I'll send you v1.05, so please check if that solves your crash.

I'm sure one can write an XML script to have LOGGER read any text file ... like .cfg files, and extract specific entries you are looking for. Slen, scmi and ssub ought to work wonders. Hundreds of records in a config file can be read and evaluated this way in a single Update cycle.

Bob
  7. Joao Muas

Joao Muas

portugal
    Thanks for Logger 1.05, but the crash continues.
    The error log states module ntdll, I have no idea what it might be...
    All I now, is that it happens after logger.dll and XMLvars.dll calls.
    It's seems that something enters some kind of an endless loop and the screen freezes, then fsx ask me if I want to restart it...:confused:
  8. rpmc

rpmc

thailand
    Okay, thanks Joao. I am presently running a very heavy XMLVARS and LOGGER combo application with no problems. It would be most helpful if you would email me (and Tom too if he wants) your xml, or at least the portion that is opening and reading files with LOGGER so I can take a look.

Not too long ago, I put FS9 into an infinite loop by checking for LOGGER:eof = 1 associated with a file that did not exist.... your problem related to opening files by any chance??

Thanks a million for running this through the test gauntlet.

Bob
  9. taguilo

argentina
    Oh yes, I can take a look also, no problem.

Tom