• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Airport Grass Texture

Country
portugal
Hi,

I would like to know if it it is possible to have the grass texture from FSX default airports at an airport made by ADE. ADE´s grass (at my airport) isn´t very real...

Thank you

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Sure, just create a grass terrain polygon.

Hope this helps,

Country
portugal
Thank you tgibson for a quick reply,

but that´s not the issue. I have done that and everything is ok, grass appears but is a very green thing and not like the grass that i see at default airports.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As mentioned above ADE does not control the texture as such. However it allows you to use the range of textures that are available in FSX. There are a range of such textures available in land class and airport backgrounds that you can try. If it does not look like a default airport then most likely you have selected a texture that is not the one used at the default airport.

Country
portugal
Thank you very much, got it!
I have made the parts that i wanted to be grass using aprons... that was my error.
Now i got the grass i wanted lol. But there is a problem that i can´t get rid of.
With a Land Class Poli (airport1) i have the grass but this Poli don´t erase some roads from Ultimate Terrain X, they cross my Airport...

Any help?

Thank you

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thank you very much, got it!
I have made the parts that i wanted to be grass using aprons... that was my error.
Now i got the grass i wanted lol. But there is a problem that i can´t get rid of.
With a Land Class Poli (airport1) i have the grass but this Poli don´t erase some roads from Ultimate Terrain X, they cross my Airport...

Any help?

Thank you

You will need to create an exclusion polygon for the area and set the tag to exclude roads. This may or may not work depending on the layering of the scenery with Ultimate Terrain (which has higher priority in scenery.cfg). Also excluding roads will probably exclude them from a larger area than your background or land class poly because of the way that FS handles things.

Let me add a tip to Jon's post above.

If you select exclude roads all the roads regardless of type or width will disappear within a certain radius of your airport.

If the road you want to exclude crosses a runway then using the SDK TMFviewer open the proper CVX bgl and see what type road crosses the runway (2 lane asphalt, 4 lane concrete, etc.)

Using ADE select the proper exclude that will exclude the type road selected. Put a very small exclude rectangle (almost a line) across the road. This will exclude just the correct size road and not all roads in your airport radius.

If traffic is on that road that crosses the runway that is another type command used. Excluding a road does not remove animated vehicles that travel on that road.