• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

OT; Apple iPad HD is released

Country
us-northcarolina
Even though I've never used an iPad, I do own an iPhone 4. Prior to my iPhone I had a Droid 2 (running Android 2.3.) I had so many problems with the battery life and the OS that I now have absolutely no desire to go back to it. Yes, Apple's products are on the expensive side, but I totally understand why, and am willing to pay the extra money to keep myself from the frustration. My android phone froze at least 2 to 3 times a week and the battery would be nearly dead by 7pm, even with light use. Now that I'm on iOS 5, I've had zero freeze-ups since I got it in January, and even on heavy usage from early in the morning to late at night haven't seen my battery below 35%... :twocents:

Country
unitedstates
Reggie

Great! Way to interject intelligence and common sense into, and ruin, a perfectly silly argument.

Mike4lin

I do have a smartphone, and wouldn't be without it. But it is not a computer. Neither is a tablet. I can't begin to do with them the things I need do on a computer.

I think tablets are selling so well because most folks don't need everything a real computer does.

Bob

Last edited:
Even though I've never used an iPad, I do own an iPhone 4. Prior to my iPhone I had a Droid 2 (running Android 2.3.) I had so many problems with the battery life and the OS

Wasn't Apple in the news only some weeks ago for battery problems?

No, my HTC was very good and I've installed lots of apps. I only felt better to sell and wait/have a look at newer and cheaper devices than to see it's value disappear. It costed my ~ 390.-$ and i got back ~300.- at ebay.

My beginner fault was to not select WLAN for download but the very expensive UMTS of my phone provider.
All in all it's was to expensive for me. Been there, done that...now bye.

I meant $500 for Apple's legion to pay again. I do admire Apple on their business stance - they release a new product that isn't a huge upgrade and people will swarm to buy it, even if their previous versions are working and in good condition.

Same again. This tablet has the highest resolution screen of any tablet in the world, most likely the fastest GPU, without question the fastest GPU (by a huge margin), most likely the best camera (the sensor in the latest Apple cameras is vastly superior to alternative offerings), the highest standard of bluetooth currently available (no android tablet uses bluetooth 4.0).

In what way is that not a huge upgrade? I assume you must be basing your opinion on the fact that it looks the same. It's a colossal upgrade.

In terms of sheer performance it will undoubtedly blow the Prime out of the water. Which, if you must keep mentioning it, is far less of an upgrade from the original Transformer than the new Ipad is from the Ipad 2.

I personally own the Transformer, but to suggest the new Ipad is an insufficient or 'incremental' upgrade is ridiculous.

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
The benefits won't be so evident until the software increases in complexity.

At that point my iPad2 will become annoyingly slow, and I'll be on the update cycle again.

Looking at my iPad2 today, the screen resolution will do me just fine. It is fast enough, and I don't use it to take pictures. No 4G data coverage where I live .... so the new release is a win for me. I can keep my money!

Country
unitedstates
You shouldn't buy a apple products since their security to protect you info is very easy to get into. I had my account hacked by some guys in Australia and they charged my account 2000 dollars and all apple did was say sorry there is nothing we can do, who would even buy 2000 dollar worth of apps in a hour? I had to get a lawyer to get my money back on the card. At the end all apple sent me was a 5 dollar gift card. I am android all the way.

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
Strange .... 256 bit encryption on ITunes / appstore is standard from what I've heard.

Haven't heard of Apple's servers being hacked either.

The other thing is that the purchases are tied to your account, and only usable by devices linked to it. That is, unless they are gifted, in which case they are inexorably linked to someone elses account.

After some 10 years of owning ipod/pad/phone, my appleid has not had a dubious transaction on it yet. Perhaps you were unlucky.

Still, hackers can be ingenious when it comes to finding new ways to rort a system.

Mind you, I'm in Australia ... So maybe we don't hack 'our own'

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone

You shouldn't buy a apple products since their security to protect you info is very easy to get into. I had my account hacked by some guys in Australia and they charged my account 2000 dollars and all apple did was say sorry there is nothing we can do, who would even buy 2000 dollar worth of apps in a hour? I had to get a lawyer to get my money back on the card. At the end all apple sent me was a 5 dollar gift card. I am android all the way.

It's generally accepted that Apple security (on non-jailbroken products) is superior to that of Android.

Country
us-arizona
I was listening to the Keynote address from the other day. On their last quarter, Apple pulled in 75% of their earnings on 'devices', not computers. I still find this astonishing. I must admit though that this was how I got into Apple was a replacement for my hp Jornada. I wanted an excellent PDA and heard that iPod Touch had 'Notes', so I got it. I started buying music for it, loved, it, upgraded to the phone. I learned that their iMac could run Windows XP (this was about 3 years ago) and I was tired of vista and no other computer company would support WinXP (a MS conspiracy to make everyone move up to vista and it was driving me NUTS) so I got an iMac 24" and man, I have loved it.

Thats my story. I am now on an iPhone 4 with 32Gigs of memory, FILLED up with movies and music. I have the iPad mark 1, 64 Gig SSD HD with 3G for when I am on the road or at a coffee shop, I can go online and check mail, sites, chat, etc. I got the Apple wireless keyboard, so I can pair it via bluetooth with either the iPhone or iPad and type. I can build manuals (if I wanted to) on the iPad with iWork. I like my bigger screen though so I use the computer for that. I linked the iMac to an LCD HD TV; 42" running 1080P with an HDMI cable.

I buy the HD's and RAM for this at Frys Electronics.

Apple has been good to me. I personally see them as good equipment and good OS systems. I know what its like to want to walk my own path, and with this equipment, I do well. Others prefer Android and Sony and other makers and equipment, and thats ok with me. I am a gadget freak and if I had the money I would get some of the others technology just to play around with them and see how they perform, like that nice looking new Nokia that unfortunately didnt launch with their own OS but with WIndows. I love the looks of the Windows OS, but heard many bad things about it, but that doesnt deter me from wanting one just to check it out as I usually find peoples feedback sometimes 'shakey' and want to find out for myself. I tend to like wild things and sometimes I see some value in things that others do now... But thats why I am me and why I like what I like.

That iPod Touch was so cool. I gave it to my sister, who fell in love with it and never gave it back when she moved up to iPhone, lol... Its like.. an... addiction!!! Gadget addiction! :S

Country
us-arizona
I just re-read what I wrote up there and I noted I didnt put in all the things I use my tablet (iPad) for.

When I take a break from my work and go out back in the yard with Junior, I take it and do some reading (Ebooks). I have many games and Apps on it (almost filled) so I play some games when I want. It has a cool antique radio program, so on my desk, I play that and it runs WiFi music from online through the radio, (awesome program and music) and it is also my stereo. When I was a kid, I would buy big stereos, large boxes on the shelves. Now its a thin Star Trek looking data pad (iPad) and I plug it into my computer sound system and I have 20+ Gigs of music and tons of play lists to play. I can watch movies, I have about 6 or 12 movies on it presently. Its also my giant calculator when I am doing team payroll, my star chart for when I am gaming on X3 Terran Conflict (looking up prices of space craft, checking for stations on the galactic chart, via online website).

So, I use it for more then going to coffee shops. Tablets are pretty cool things, wether its by Apple or Sony or Android, HTC, etc, etc. Cool little devices. Limited, but what they can do is incredible.

Bill

Country
netherlands
Tablets indeed are very cool. I like my plastic Chinese one, even if it is just a small, plastic, Chinese thing. It cost me 1/10th of what an iPad costs though... even if I am looking at something bigger-and-better right now.

However, Apple is not for me... Thing is, I enjoy tinkering. I did not like the color of my Swype keyboard... so I draw me a new one. Injected it into the app file and there goes. I like the fact that I can root my phone and play around with it without voiding my warranty. Apple would not let me do that... and they are more expensive, in phones, tablets, and computers - I bought my current computer (a laptop) for less than 500 dollars equivalent. A comparable macbook was over 1500. Even if it had some advantages, there is nowhere near enough of them to warrant me spending 1000 dollars, which I dont have anyway...

Country
us-arizona
I see the iPad 3 has been sold out now for a couple of days.

<sigh... >

It doesnt even launch till Friday and its sold out?

Country
puertorico
But does it run gmax? No, I didn't think so.

I just re-read what I wrote up there and I noted I didnt put in all the things I use my tablet (iPad) for.

So, I use it for more then going to coffee shops. Tablets are pretty cool things, wether its by Apple or Sony or Android, HTC, etc, etc. Cool little devices. Limited, but what they can do is incredible.

Bill

mgh

Country
unitedkingdom
It's reported that the latest iPad is being sold in Europe as having 4G capability. It doesn't and never will have because it uses North American frequencies (700/2100Mhz) that aren't the same as European ones (800/1800 hHz).