• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Is it Possible?

Country
italy
To have a sound automatically start up when an a/c and panel are loaded into the sim. In effect a permanent sound.
vololiberista

Country
us-michigan
Even with the Electric power off??? I will refer to the HJG DC8 sounds that have that 400MHZ sound on when the aircraft is powered up. But not when it is cold and dark. I can't think of (off the top of my head) a sound set that would have say the GPU sound running in the backgound with it started up, with out battery power on. Just thinking out loud though.

Greg

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Yes, you can specify a sound file in the aircraft's sound.cfg file that will play whenever the aircraft's master battery is turned on:

[GYRO_SOUND]
filename=mybackgroundsound.wav
flags=0
viewpoint=1
initial_volume=9003
minimum_volume=3003
maximum_volume=9003

Country
italy
Thanks Bill, I'll try that out.
I'm having another problem which perhaps you could help me with.
In the a/c sound.cfg there are various [combustion]'s and [jet whine]'s. i'm having real trouble identifying one or a group that I want to replace as I have a good recorded sample of forward compressor noise as heard from the cockpit at full throttle. i've played around with FS Sound Studio and there I get exactly what I want to hear but transferred to the a/c I get strange results.
What I'm after is that sound attached to the throttle so that one hears the compressors spooling up.
Hope you can point me in the right direction.
vololiberista

Country
italy
Yes, you can specify a sound file in the aircraft's sound.cfg file that will play whenever the aircraft's master battery is turned on:

[GYRO_SOUND]
filename=mybackgroundsound.wav
flags=0
viewpoint=1
initial_volume=9003
minimum_volume=3003
maximum_volume=9003

Unfortunately Bill, all I get is the sound of silence. With or without the battery switch on/off.
vololiberista

Country
italy
Unfortunately Bill, all I get is the sound of silence. With or without the battery switch on/off.
vololiberista

Got your suggestion working now!!
Though strangely the sound seems to be linked to the Engine volume slider in the sim!
But if you could throw some light on my other query I'd be very grateful.
vololiberista

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Honestly I'm not going to be much help here as the "sound system" remains nearly as much a mystery to me as the "flight dynamics engine" is...

For example, I can't for the life of me figure out why the darn "ground roll" sounds sometimes play continuously on aircraft reload, even though the a/c is cold, dark, and parked! :mad:

Country
unitedkingdom
vololiberista;507018

To have a sound automatically start up when an a/c and panel are loaded into the sim. In effect a permanent sound.
vololiberista

Yes you can through an effect that is linked to a startup sound,all you need to do is add a nav light in the [LIGHTS] heading in the aircraft.cfg.
You will need the appropiate effect and sound file,this is my Airbus300

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0=3, -12.63, -73.43, 5.545, fx_navredm ,
light.1=3, -12.63, 73.43, 5.545, fx_navgrem ,
light.2=3, -87.38, 0.00, 8.610, fx_navwhih ,
light.3=2, -12.63, -73.43, 5.545, fx_strobeh ,
light.4=2, -12.63, 73.43, 5.545, fx_strobeh ,
light.5=1, 15.264, 0.00, 11.435, fx_beaconh ,
light.6=1, 15.264, 0.00, -7.309, fx_beaconh ,
light.7 = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_LJet ,

Light7 is the new light, fx_TS_Ljet is the name of the Effect.

I originally done this for AI aircraft, but it works in a default aircraft,as soon as you load the aircraft in the sim you hear the aircraft startup sound if thats what you want to acheive? please note it will only play 1 one single sound file,so don't expect it to play for 4 engines.
Let me know, I will try and upload the effect for you

Alan

jx_

Country
unitedstates
Yes, and very easily.

Add one additional engine jet whine sound and set it's parameters to always play regardless of engine RPM.

such as

[JET_WHINE.1.10]
filename=AMBIENT_NOISE
flags=0
viewpoint=1
rparams=0.0000,1.00,1.0000,1.00
vparams=0.0000,100.00,1.0000,100.00

This sound loops no matter what, where, or how the aircraft is configured. (except viewpoint)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
For example, I can't for the life of me figure out why the darn "ground roll" sounds sometimes play continuously on aircraft reload, even though the a/c is cold, dark, and parked! :mad:

Or the APU sound...or the engine idle sound...