• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX YBCG Gold Coast Airport

Country
australia
Hello all,

This might cause a stir.

I have always been interested in making a payware quality Gold Coast Airport as it seems to be a relatively simple task and I like doing smaller, single runway airports. It's a size I can manage.

So I started messing around with it and before I knew it I had progressed it thus far. I think I will release this in a "staged" format with an initial release for the major parts of the airport with afcad, then updates adding various parts to the scenery, building it up over time. eg tower, GA hangers, car park. Not really interested in adding every micro-detail. I just wanted something that looked good when you taxied into the apron.

Not sure when I will be ready and it just depends on time available really but the shots below show what has been done so far.

Probably freeware. Hope you like it.:cool:

Attachments

• ybcg5.jpg
    ybcg5.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 4,147
  • ybcg4.jpg
    ybcg4.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 2,396
  • ybcg1.jpg
    ybcg1.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 3,842
  • ybcg2.jpg
    ybcg2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 2,099
  • ybcg3.jpg
    ybcg3.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 2,351
  • ybcg6.jpg
    ybcg6.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,767
  • ybcg8.jpg
    ybcg8.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 5,988
  • ybcg7.jpg
    ybcg7.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2,775
Last edited:

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica
Looks great. Looks really great actually!

I noticed you are the man behind Grantley Adams Intl. Being from the Caribbean, TBPB is somewhere I visit often (virtually and in reality). Your work is top class.
Keep it up.

Cheers.

Country
southafrica
Looking great, now these new airport buildings will go nicely with the airport already created by someone from the aussiex developers and that one already look really good. Might not have that many buildings but the borders between photoreal areas and FSX/orbx area are very good. You almost cannot see where the two interact, and apart from that the photoreal area is HUGE and include hotels etc etc as well as industrial areas around airport.

2010-10-27_23-9-48-695.jpg

Country
australia
Thanks very much all.

I might see if I can combine it with the AussieX version. I need to speak to them. I was asked to work with them recently on some other stuff but had some personal commitments.

Country
australia
Finally! Gold Coast is a awesome airport and it has a challenging (well to me anyway) approach requiring a 12 degree turn to Runway 14.

I think Orbx made a grave mistake by not developing this airport. I personally fly into YBCG in real life several times a year.

I'll be willing to support your development, and help beta testing if you need to.

They are also planning to install an ILS in the airport soon -- http://au.christiantoday.com/articl...nal-carriers-ideal-for-missionaries/14083.htm

Lastly, here are some landings from the cockpit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFw-asnO1tQ

http://vimeo.com/2715523

http://vimeo.com/5146700

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVdxLnQCdrc

Last edited:
Country
australia
aah! Thanks. Looks like there's big plans there!

Yes about time on the ILS addition! Although I love the challenge of the VOR 14 approach.

If anyone has any photos I have run out !

>

Country
venezuela
Excellent work, I can't wait :D

A FS9 version is planned too or it will be for FSX only???

Country
australia
OK a few updated shots for you.

- Tower complex
- Car park
- Tiger Airways terminal

:)

Attachments

• ybcg9.jpg
    ybcg9.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,154
  • ybcg10.jpg
    ybcg10.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,156
  • ybcg11.jpg
    ybcg11.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,856
  • ybcg12.jpg
    ybcg12.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,191
  • ybcg13.jpg
    ybcg13.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 953
  • ybcg14.jpg
    ybcg14.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,163
  • ybcg15.jpg
    ybcg15.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 2,581
Country
australia
Wow, that looks awesome!

Do you have an anticipated release date, or "when its ready"?

Great work, can't wait to fly around the airport!

Country
australia
Still a bit more to go. It's slow work modelling.

I don't know how these guys crack out entire cities of Dubai all by themselves it's incredible.

-

Country
australia
Still a bit more to go. It's slow work modelling.

I don't know how these guys crack out entire cities of Dubai all by themselves it's incredible.

-

I think they must have at least 20 developers working on the city, it seems Dubai rebooted by FlyTampa has just been released? :)

I'll check out your other airports in the mean time flyhalf, can't wait :)