• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Lee On Solent (HMS Daedalus)

Country
unitedkingdom
After several months of ongoing personal affairs, I'm pleased to reveal that I am back on the scene with early beginnings of what will hopefully be a fantastic, finished project.

Development is indeed slow. It is undoubtedly the largest airfield I have ever attempted - many buildings to be modeled, countless hours of hand editing of aerial photography, but it is shaping up nicely. Eventually, it'll become an immerse WWII experience accurately replicated.

Comments welcome as always.

Lee1.jpg

Lee2.jpg

Lee3.jpg

Lee4.jpg

Lee5.jpg

Lee6.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks for the responses chaps. First hanger is partially textured - a light bump map too. The grass texture around the base of the hanger is only temporary and a replacement will be made soon.

Lee7.png

Last edited:
Country
china
Excellent!You could changed 2D building texture into 3 D building models which like the pic you showed last.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi folks,

More updates.

Here's some very early shots of the Mobile Aircraft Recovery Unit on the Northern side of the airfield.

I would like to add a small note about my development technique. In case anyone had wondered, my models are built and textured in GMAX, so there's no 'baking' or 'rendering' going on here.

All textures are a combination of hand-painted and photo realistic. It's taken me a culmination of 4 days of constant graft to build these models to the current state. It's a low process, but I'm always working on this project.

Anyway:

Mobile1.jpg

Mobile2.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Nice work, I took part in a gliding camp there back when it was still an RN establishment so it's the site of my first and second solos, the second being made more difficult by a Chinook arriving to pick up some divers half way through...

If you're planning a WW2 experience I'll have to see if I can find some suitable colours for the Swordfish!

Country
unitedkingdom
Just finished the Mobile Recovery Offices. Fairly pleased with the outcome.

I've decided that this airfield will inevitably have two versions:- The first release will depict the present day airfield. The other, 1980 with the Fleet Air Arm.

Lee13.jpg

Lee14.jpg

Lee15.jpg

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Vehicle repair shed nearing complete. This one has only taken a few hours. It was essentially the hanger above, with a green box :p

Lee16.jpg

Lee17.jpg

Lee18.jpg

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Few more shots folks - the hanger doors have yet to be changed, but the rood, gantry and windows are complete.

Atlas Helicopters:-

Lee19.jpg

Not entirely sure what it was used for, perhaps just a small office block:-

Lee20.jpg

Country
us-arizona
Looking good Southwest.

Something that seems noticeable to me is the brick texture on both buildings. There are a some bad seems, scale, and UV stretching going on. Personally, it looks like the bricks are about double the size they should be.

The rounded parts of the Mobile Recovery Offices seem most noticeable where the texture stretches.

Look forward to some more updates.

Country
unitedkingdom
Looking good Southwest.

Something that seems noticeable to me is the brick texture on both buildings. There are a some bad seems, scale, and UV stretching going on. Personally, it looks like the bricks are about double the size they should be.

The rounded parts of the Mobile Recovery Offices seem most noticeable where the texture stretches.

Look forward to some more updates.

Cheers buddy, I'll take a look at that.