• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Airports of Norway FTX Global

Country
norway
I made autogen buildings for Hasvik ENHK and Alta ENAT. This give a lot of life to those airports. Download here:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E0121E64DC8923CA!105

Hasvik pic:

hk1_zps005d0b56.jpg

Country
norway
Four new shots, with my airports adjusted to new, officially free, 10m mesh :). All is 10m / LOD 12. And yes I've been too "sloppy" so far; with this new mesh, I've made cirka 50 new sloped flattens :wave:

cn2_lod12_zps86296a65.jpg

cn1_lod12_zps80f03bb4.jpg

br_lod12_zpsb3384d24.jpg

zv_lod12_zpsbc1520a4.jpg

Country
germany
Enbr

Hi Andrew,

i recently installed AON together with the yellow runway markings as described, but when I load ENBR it looks like in the attached screenshot. All other norwegian airports look normal but this phenomenon also occurs at other addon airports I have. When I try to get rid of the runway markings and delete the files in the Texture folder, it stays like this. And also I am not able to change runway markings with FS running, I have to quit and launch it again to let the changes occur. I really hope you can help me with this!

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 1,088
Country
norway
Hi Andrew,

i recently installed AON together with the yellow runway markings as described, but when I load ENBR it looks like in the attached screenshot. All other norwegian airports look normal but this phenomenon also occurs at other addon airports I have. When I try to get rid of the runway markings and delete the files in the Texture folder, it stays like this. And also I am not able to change runway markings with FS running, I have to quit and launch it again to let the changes occur. I really hope you can help me with this!

Do you have Cloud 9 Bergen installed by any chance, if so, try disable it, and then try again. If you dont, make sure you have AoN Ground folder and enbr_ground.bgl inside AoN_Ground\Scenery folder. My 5 cents

Country
norway
Hi Andrew,

I don't think you're supposed to delete any texture files!

Country
germany
No, I don't have any addon scenery for Norway installed. And also the folders and files are the way they shuld be. Seems to be another problem. Also some other addon scenery like Mega Airport Amsterdam X look the same with it for instance...

Country
norway
No, I don't have any addon scenery for Norway installed. And also the folders and files are the way they shuld be. Seems to be another problem. Also some other addon scenery like Mega Airport Amsterdam X look the same with it for instance...

If you have downloaded AoN, there should be a folder named like this:
AoN 3.5\Yellow Runway Markings

inside there should also be a Texture folder, with two exe files and two folders called:

White
Yellow

1. RWY_White.exe
2. RWY_Yellow.exe

If you execute the RWY_White.exe, the yellow markings should be gone and you are left with only the white markings. Give it a try, there should also be a pdf document explaining this as well.

Country
germany
That's exactly what I did. When I execute the RWY_White.exe, the picture looks the same, except that the markings turn from yellow to white, but they are still there like in the attached screenshot.

Country
norway
I did everything as described in the pdf document. I am not completely new to this

I would then suggest that you delete everything from AoN and then restart your computer, but remember to deactivate it b4 you delete it from fsx.

When done, re-install it again, then it might solve the problem. Worth a try.
Sometimes it might help to do so, so go ahead and try.

G.H.

Country
germany
I found out the problem was caused by Direct X and i managed to solve it, so thank you guys for your help :)

Country
norway
DX10 preview I presume?

ENBR has a custom made runway. White markings are correct according to RL, as we are going white for the large airports, but the smaller ones will stay yellow.

Whish I had a program called "Airport Runway Editor" ... ;)

Cheers,
:stirthepo

Country
austria
ASKING FOR ADVICE!:
I am just trying to install all of AON (Airports of Norway) in my FSX.
Well, I do not understand the instruction, which says ".... Install: Put the two files in AoN_Ground\Scenery...."
WHICH FOLDER "AoN_Ground" is meant here? Where is that?
Of course, I have got all FTX_EU-NOR... installed.

Country
australia
Hi,

You may have to create that folder "AoN_Ground" if it doesn't already exist. The files from the AoN photopacks will go in to the folder AoN_Ground because photoreal scenery (PR) needs to be at a lower position in the scenery.cfg than other airport files. You should end up with two main folders - AoN_Ground and Airports of Norway. Just add both of these folders to your scenery.cfg and make sure that AoN_Ground is at a lower priority than Airports of Norway.

Cheers,