• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Saab MFI-17 "Mushshak (The proficient)"

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Some work remaining on the exterior then will start with the animation procedure!

mfi_ext_zps497b7097.jpg

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It's really looking nice, a very subtle skin! But, have the wings a forward sweep? It looks like at this angle at least.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
It's really looking nice, a very subtle skin! But, have the wings a forward sweep? It looks like at this angle at least.

Yup the real aircraft has that kind of forward sweep in its wings, that is one of the things that got me interested in this aircraft.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Got the AO working thanks to the LionHeart's tutorial on it,

Few parts still need to be added,

OleaPneumatic_zpsde681287.jpg

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Ofcourse,
Here it is: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ambient-occlusion-tutorial-max-2012.425097/

Btw I had to use 3ds max 2014 on my colleagues PC since I only have 3ds max 7 and upgrading to 3ds max 2014 is totally out of my question and pocket! :p
I then imported the mesh back into 3ds max 7 and applied the newly created AO map again.

Also make sure you follow all the steps, I was missing a few and wasn't able to successfully create an AO map :(

Country
bulgaria
Ofcourse,
Here it is: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ambient-occlusion-tutorial-max-2012.425097/

Btw I had to use 3ds max 2014 on my colleagues PC since I only have 3ds max 7 and upgrading to 3ds max 2014 is totally out of my question and pocket! :p
I then imported the mesh back into 3ds max 7 and applied the newly created AO map again.

Also make sure you follow all the steps, I was missing a few and wasn't able to successfully create an AO map :(

Thanks mate,
I have max 2012(student), so the tutorial is exactly for this version
thanks again

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Right, this is nice! Nice texturing effects! There's a strange flaw in the flat front of the nose...

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Right! I have really respect for your textures sir! The model is fine too, but the textures add even more. Already tried some importing in FSX?

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Right! I have really respect for your textures sir! The model is fine too, but the textures add even more. Already tried some importing in FSX?

Not yet, reading through the SDK in order to find out how. All i have right now is a few 3d models fit together in 3dsmax

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well if you're using Max 7, see the Wiki for the most comprehensive guide on how to set up the FSX sdk with Max.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Well if you're using Max 7, see the Wiki for the most comprehensive guide on how to set up the FSX sdk with Max.

It is set up, I just required prior knowledge of exporting the aircraft models.

Anyhow,

test1_zps4621b22a.jpg

LOTS AND LOTS OF FLAWS for my first attempt

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Worst of all, it flies in reverse! :p

Lol, we've all been there! The model should be pointing nose UP in Top view in Max or Gmax: just rotate the whole model 180 degrees.

And keep going! It's always good to see your work in the sim, check it often!

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Lol, we've all been there! The model should be pointing nose UP in Top view in Max or Gmax: just rotate the whole model 180 degrees.

And keep going! It's always good to see your work in the sim, check it often!

Yeah, i kinda guessed that, its all fixed now working on other external details now.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
A online friend of mine was very kind to test this aircraft out on the new P3D v2.2 and has me convinced to get a copy of my own. However some problems were found during his test.

Although I have textured, each and every part now, the sim shows a few places without textures. Also the elevator has this weird shadow thing that doesn't show up in the renderer, in order to make sure I had the shadows working properly I assigned them different shadow groups but to no avail. However, here are the shots, with the shadow problem mentioned:

1_zpsfa5bdf29.jpg

And another because I really liked it;

2_zps91410282.jpg